VOGONS

First post, by Teppic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have started to do some recordings from a CT1740 SB16 card, but I'm at a loss as how to set up the mixer for the most faithful sound. This is the values I got for Treble and Bass after installing the drivers, should I go with this, or do you think I should change it?

2ni43h4.jpg

Maybe it's one of those "pick what you think sounds best" cases, but what do you think of these clips from Wacky Wheels and Fuzzy's World of Miniature Space Golf, to much bass?

Attachments

• Filename
    Main Menu.mp3
    File size
    1.61 MiB
    Downloads
    310 downloads
    File comment
    Wacky Wheels Menu Music
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Note that I haven't listened to your MP3 files (I'm on an extremely miserable dialup connection), but judging by your screenie I'd say to set the bass and treble sliders in the middle.

In actuality though (remembering back to my DOS/SB16 days using that exact mixer utility), I think that I may have had the bass centered; and the treble one 'click' to the right from center (using a single keyboard press of the right arrow on my keyboard).

This is similar to how I set my SBLive in Windows XP even today, although both settings slightly offset from center (see attached pic).

Attachments

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 2 of 4, by Teppic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the answer.

After some more listening, I decided to set treble and bass in the middle, like you first suggested. Sounds like the most default (and unaltered) setting to me.

Attachments

• Filename
    Main Menu.mp3
    File size
    1.49 MiB
    Downloads
    275 downloads
    File comment
    Wacky Wheels Menu music.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 4, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Teppic wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

You betcha 😀

Teppic wrote:

After some more listening, I decided to set treble and bass in the middle, like you first suggested. Sounds like the most default (and unaltered) setting to me.

That's prolly the best option for recording stuff from the SB16.

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net