VOGONS

First post, by AlienBZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I've 2 desktop PC towers sitting in my office (as of now) that I'm thinking of installing DOSbox on one of them, this one is the HP (gray tower from the Thrift store back of our house) in this thread:

and the other is a white tower (Compaq from our basement) that I'd like to put VMWare Player/Virtual PC on with a single OS - Windows 98SE) in this thread: White Compaq Tower

(will be back in a minute with the links to these threads - please be patient)

Reply 1 of 4, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

those are pretty old desktops... the compaq probably has a socket 370 mobo with a celeron chip, and the HP might have an early P4 or something... SO I would just recoment straight installing windows 98se and thats it. those systems are not really powerful enough to emulate a system properly. I have a PIII 1ghz dual core that won't run dos box for toffy. SO I would just recmend a windows 9x variant, and a dos addressable sound card.

my life runs on X86

Reply 2 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Why don't you just write the specs of those two PCs? It's no fun having to read through a whole other thread to learn what the specs are...
But in any case, pinkdonut is probably right.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think we've been over this before. However you may feel about "retro gaming rigs", you're probably going to have a hard time finding someone eager to take them off your hands.