VOGONS

First post, by maw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi,

my first post and direct a question. I got lately a SB16 (CT1770) + DB60XG for my dos pc and wanted to install it beside the already installed AWE64 gold.

But even that I have the config for both cards in different menus, the AWE always overrides the SB16 settings. And the SB16 also wont work when I select here in the config menu. I gave the SB16 different resources via jumper. The AWE is PnP.

So is it in general possible to have both cards running together? Would be great. I love the sound from the DB60XG and older games don't support the AWE midi.

thx
M.

Reply 2 of 3, by maw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

when I select in my MSDOS menu start with SB16 everything works fine. If I select in the menu start with AWE64 the aweutil overwrites my sb16 settings (in the autoexec and caonfig,sys) to the awe settings. But the AWE self works also.

Is there a way to prevent this or better let both cards run an the same time? e.g. I wanted to use the AWE for digital sounds and the sb16 for midi in the same game.

Reply 3 of 3, by bucket

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try leaving out the sound card drivers altogether, and configuring a game to use both cards. Games will usually detect cards themselves, though I have no reason to believe any would allow you to use two at once.