VOGONS

First post, by Rod Primitive

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I'm currently emulating the good ol' Amiga. I sadly missed it when it was current, but I had an C64 so I wasn't that far behind I guess.
For emulating I'm using WinUAE. It's alright I guess. There's alot of options and I don't know what even half of them means. It takes some time to set it all up as well.
I tried Winfellow before chosing WinUAE. While it was easier to set up it lacked the usual options such as scaling and various (not vital) sound options.

Is there an even better alternative?

Reply 1 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

WinUAE is what I use. I haven't used it enough to be that familiar with the program. There are a few online guides that help you to set it up properly. I might use it more after I get my KryoFlux and can create images of Amiga disks from my PC.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Amiga Forever is basically a commercial version of WinUAE and might be slightly easier to get running.
http://www.amigaforever.com/

There's also something called Amiga in a Box that can be used to configure a hard drive image and setup a Workbench environment, though it requires Workbench floppy images. Googling suggests there may be similar packages such as AmiKit, AmigaSYS, and Amiga Inside.