VOGONS

Reply 380 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Managed to fix some issues with the 32-bit RGB modes of the SC11487 (undocumented case from WhatVGA's mode 3a without pixel repack register bit 0 set, which causes a 32-bit rising-edge only (documented as both edges for pixel repack bit being set only, other mode now implemented is undocumented behaviour?) RGBA mode, based on WhatVGA's results (the top byte might be ignored or might not be ignored. The software leaves it 0 always)).
Also repack mode 2(24-bit mode)'s BGR mode is enabled again (it was being applied but not precalculated from the register values, thus effectively forced to 0 in the precalcs).

Edit: Also, the CRTC/Sprite start address above 2MB is now fixed by implementing the missing 22th address bit to the register precalcs.

Author of the UniPCemu emulator.
UniPCemu Git repository
UniPCemu for Android, Windows and PSP on itch.io

Reply 381 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just added support for touch inputs to act like the mouse inputs when performing light pen inputs. This is now archieved by touching the middle mouse button area on the touch screen, then touching the right mouse button area to enable the custom input. After that, any touch will be registered as the location of the light pen to hold it at (as long as the other two areas are still touched. the location is registered and changed by touching with a third touch. A touch after the third touch will register as the light pen button instead. So you use two touches to enable the mode, then one touch for the location and another touch or re-touch (for both the location and button)). So that amounts to basically two touches on specific locations to enable the mode, and two linked (if two touches are used) for the button(two finger) or location(one finger).
Afaik this is the first emulator supporting light pen inputs on a touch screen now! 🤣

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 382 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After lots of bug fixing, the new touch based input and existing mouse inputs now properly map to the light pen inputs.

I've also added a simple indicator (L for the light pen inputs being activated (using the first two inputs out of the four touch inputs to activate the mode, the third pointer not being shown, the fourth being shown using another LED display) and when it's showing the L it will show a P to the left of it when pressing the button on the light pen). The location will keep tracking into the emulation(updating location) as long as the light pen input is enabled and the third touch is (re)pressed. The release of the mode (middle mouse button area and right mouse button inputs not being pressed at the same time) will remove the light pen from the screen. The button is unaffected by this and will only be released when the left mouse button(using a mouse) is released or fourth touch is released from the screen.

I've also modified the VGA to not detect the light pen inputs when it's set to a location outside of active display (since the address is incorrect when latched that way (it could be at the right or left part of the screen, while being detected as being at the end of the last scanline, which of course is incorrect). So the overscan area won't detect the light pen input and will ignore it.

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 383 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've made a little bugfix to the way the i430fx/i440fx motherboards handle memory access in the 640K-1MB address space. They now should be properly not responding with memory when it shouldn't (when disabled using the chipset registers).

I've also been busy on making the Android Studio project a bit more simplified, removing many of the used files from the source control entirely. That should help with the constantly changing files that are specific to the user itself.
Most of those files will immediately be recreated when the IDE starts anyways.

Edit: Also, the new events on SDL 2.0.2 and up (the new audio and video events) are now supported and used. So when a new audio device (dis)connects, the app will automatically switch to the new source and back to the default when disconnecting. The same applies to recording sources, but it will go silent instead (as there is no default known to connect back into) until a new recording source is connected.
The new video refresh events are also handled, causing a recreation of textures (by recreating the entire SDL window and related textures etc.) or causing the display inside the window to be updated with actual pixels (for the other event).

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 384 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just added a command line parameter "fullscreenwindow" to the app. It will, when using the windowed mode(the initial mode), stretch the window using SDL2 to full desktop size (minus the task bar on Windows). So that should make it more usable on large or high resolution displays instead of becoming a much too small window (and requiring fullscreen to be usable otherwise).

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 385 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Managed to implement a bit of extra support for high-DPI monitors. When the DPI reported by SDL is past 96 DPI, the rendering of the text surfaces on said monitor will cause UniPCemu to change the rendering of the text surfaces (all the text UniPCemu displays that's not from the emulated video card itself) to use roughly the same mode as used on Android and static screen devices (like the PSP). The PSP doesn't need any such rendering (it's enough to use 1:1 rendering), but Android (unchanged behaviour here) and now such high DPI monitors as well will use the same method for rendering the text surfaces on the display. So the display on the high DPI monitors will now actually cause UniPCemu to stretch the text display to fit the entire window, improving readability on said monitors (because otherwise the text would become too small).

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 386 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just adjusted the ISA DMA accesses to the UMB on the i430fx/i440fx motherboard emulation. This will float the bus when any UMB segment other than the E-segment is addressed(so for address ranged A0000-DFFFF and F0000-FFFFF).

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 387 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've just adjusted the Sound Blaster (including it's 1.5 version and the DSP 2.01 version) to use a partial decoding on the low 4 bits. It will now decode the upper 3 bits (as in the Sound Blaster clone (see my other thread Unknown port in/out to Sound Blaster ports on Windows 98?) of said 4 bits, using the upper 3 bits to decode the chip used (and DSP chip addressing using no more), while the other chips in the 22xh range using bit 0 as well(in this case only applied to the OPL2 chip, while the SAA-1099 chips are decoded directly instead(as do the OPL2 388/389 chip I/O range) with full 16-bits decoding(they might not really on the actual chipset though).
So this only applies to the 22xh range above 224h(so the range of 224h-22fh). This also means that the DSP chip aliases to their odd addresses(for example 22E aliasing to 22F).

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 388 of 388, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just fixed a bug in the UART, where if the device that can't receive data or no device being plugged in, while the UART is in loopback mode, allowing the loopback to properly send and receive data to the UART itself instead of not sending any data.

UniPCemu Git repository