Topic actions

Reply 21 of 25, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
siljo wrote on 2021-08-24, 09:56:

would your patch work on windows 95?

Never tested there. There is no reason not to use Win98 for QEMU VM. It is less trouble with fast virtualization platform and all Win9x games work on Win98. I have never heard of any games specifically have to have Win95.

siljo wrote on 2021-08-24, 09:56:

Can you try command & Conquer red alert 2?

According to Google, RA2 is still playable through CnCNet today. Are you sure you need IPX for such a game released in 2000? I supposed the game was new enough to support TCP/IP for LAN play anyway. IIRC, I tested the 1st C&C GDI/NoD and it worked.

Last edited by kjliew on 2021-08-30, 19:12. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 22 of 25, by siljo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

update:
Atomic bomberman runs smooth on qemu,but not on virtual box.

I cant get connected on need for speed 2 se on qemu. the normal version not 3dfx. can you check please? I do get connection on virtualbox but it stays on race menu.

Pcem is not working, crashed.

Reply 23 of 25, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
siljo wrote on 2021-08-27, 07:11:

I cant get connected on need for speed 2 se on qemu. the normal version not 3dfx. can you check please? I do get connection on virtualbox but it stays on race menu.

Then just get the 3Dfx version. 😉 It is so much better, I would have cursed playing the game if I had played the non-3Dfx version.

Reply 24 of 25, by siljo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure if you can give me how to ID10T 😁 instructions how to install 3dfx to qemu

edit:
Using this tutorial https://github.com/kjliew/qemu-3dfx
i installed MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit an when i try to use rsync -r ../qemu-0/hw/3dfx ./hw/ i get is command not found?

edit2:

got it working,but i get an error using ../qemu-5.2.0/configure && make
failed to create symbolic link .Igot this error when i try to tar,so i used 7zip to untar qemu 5.2.0

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
make: *** [Makefile:171: run-ninja] Error 1