VOGONS

First post, by Sandi1987

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there any Virtual Machine software with 3D-Acceleration for Windows 9x for Windows or Linux? I know PCem and 86Box but this is PC emulator and DOSBox-X.

Reply 1 of 4, by oso2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sandi1987 wrote on 2021-09-21, 06:41:

Is there any Virtual Machine software with 3D-Acceleration for Windows 9x for Windows or Linux? I know PCem and 86Box but this is PC emulator and DOSBox-X.

Have you seen?

Topic 80660

https://youtu.be/4q2ahBk2I6c

https://youtu.be/-lJ1ZMppcj0

Reply 3 of 4, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

VMware only presents a Direct3D supported card for XP and later. Other options are QEMU with a patch as mentioned above, or QEMU with GPU passthrough, assuming that you have two gpus.

Then there is a long time dead, unfinished project to bring Voodoo2 emulation to QEMU, the original author is certain that all the required stuff is there, but needs someone with C skills to port it over to QEMU. I am assuming that he is speaking about the voodoo2 code for PCem or DOSBox.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 4 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bruninho wrote on 2021-10-15, 04:25:

VMware only presents a Direct3D supported card for XP and later. Other options are QEMU with a patch as mentioned above, or QEMU with GPU passthrough, assuming that you have two gpus.

Then there is a long time dead, unfinished project to bring Voodoo2 emulation to QEMU, the original author is certain that all the required stuff is there, but needs someone with C skills to port it over to QEMU. I am assuming that he is speaking about the voodoo2 code for PCem or DOSBox.

IF I had the time to port the code over I could most likely do that. It really should be all that difficult for anybody that is half decent with C. Then again, most code I take a look at makes me want to strangle the person/people that wrote it.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK