VOGONS

First post, by Peter z80.eu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,
today I've tried to emulate a IBM AT (5170), and to run a necessary setup, I've downloaded from minuszerodegrees.net also the Advanced Diagnostics Disk (2.07, but the version does not really matter).
With the current dev build, I was not able to run the Advanced Diagnostics Disk, because it stops before the text menu usually appears, instead, it shows "0152 ERROR - SYSTEM BOARD" after answering the question about if I had running the diagnostics before (you can answer the question with y or n, does not really have an effect). See attached screenshots.
I tried to use an older dev build, bring up the same problem. I tried also a fresh installation.
Is this normal (because using a development version) ?

Regards Peter

Added later: I tried also the 2.07 release version of 86Box, but the same error occurs. I've taken PCem v17 also, just for comparison - no error.

Attachments

• Filename
    86box-ibmat2.png
    File size
    8.92 KiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 86box-ibmat1.png
    Filename
    86box-ibmat1.png
    File size
    12.51 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by Peter z80.eu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now after looking for "time sync", I've found this comment: https://github.com/86Box/86Box/issues/323#iss … mment-426859584 ... so does this (century byte "problem") occur also if you're using a real 5170, and set it to 2021 before using the 2.x of "Advanced Diagnostics" ? Strange, I can't remember that this ever happened....

Reply 3 of 3, by cproell

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well that would be nice if someone can check, if a real 5170 does this too. I think it does.
I had this problem in 86Box a while ago and was surprised by the solution. But those old machines have some pretty surprises today 😁