VOGONS

First post, by andre_6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I found an old disc that contained an old version of MAME with MAME32UI, but I can't for the life of me make the new ROMs that I got for it appear in its games list, I always get the same ones that came with the disc.

The version is MAME32 0.31, I can't find any function in its toolbar to refresh the ROMs, and in the folder there is no executable that does that. Should I just try another version? Can anyone point me out to a MAME UI version for Win98SE anyway? I couldn't find any, only the cmd prompt basic MAME versions. Thanks everyone

Reply 1 of 2, by bakemono

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It used to be called MAME PLUS, and it had the full windows gui version in it called mamepgui. I don't know where the cutoff is exactly but version .106 runs in Win98 at least.

again another retro game on itch: https://90soft90.itch.io/shmup-salad

Reply 2 of 2, by andre_6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bakemono wrote on 2022-04-25, 00:30:

It used to be called MAME PLUS, and it had the full windows gui version in it called mamepgui. I don't know where the cutoff is exactly but version .106 runs in Win98 at least.

Thanks, will give it a try. The roms it has already are something to work with but if I can complement it with all my favorites it'll be perfect. I honestly don't understand how Mame32 UI doesn't have any option in its toolbar, at least in this version, or even the total absence of an executable in the main folder for rom refresh. Oh well.

An unrelated note, I'm quite impressed by Kega Fusion even today. The Sega CD emulation is truly amazing to see running on a retro PC