VOGONS

First post, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello! reccently ive heard mame has midi as options on it, how would i make its for example act with midi in and out? saw it had sc55 emulation or mt32, if someone could explain how to get that working, would be a nice help.

if someone could tell how to adjust the midi port's.

Last edited by Nic-93 on 2023-12-05, 19:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nic-93 wrote on 2023-12-05, 16:16:

Hello! reccently ive heard mame has midi as options on it, how would i make its for example act with midi in and out? saw it had sc55 emulation or mt32, if someone could explain how to get that working, would be a nice help.

See this recent topic. It is about mame's MU50 synth, but the principle is the same.
Re: Yamaha XG emulation at last

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 3 of 3, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nic-93 wrote on 2023-12-05, 19:48:

actually.. im looking help for on how to set the midi port's, havent done that before.

Yeah, but there is a link in that topic to my website . Where in the back-ports section there is a mame mu50 package, with bat files and a text file explaining things. If you download that, and look how it is done, it should become clear.
Only complicating thing is that I could not include the copyrighted ROMs in that download.

PS: You will need loopmidi or similar midi loop back driver, and identify the port name that it exposes.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul