So Ive got this P1-166mmz Ive been working on for some time, it has a Nec PCX-2 , S3 Virge DX, 64mb ram and a 166mhz MMX Pentuim, it had a big bottle neck when playing Quake 2 and Unreal using the Nec , I was still getting sub par frame rates at 640x480 , so I thought over the weekend I decided to swap the motherboard (166mhz was the highest it could go) with a 200mhz capable board and cpu ...
The new board worked a bit better the old one had two blown serial ports , but sadly it had the dreaded 8gb hdd limit, luckily there was a hacked bios out there I could use, sadly it didnt like the bios a lot but clr-cmos seemed to have resolved any instabilities.
This is the result:
The attachment 166.JPG is no longer available
The attachment 200.JPG is no longer available
Still slow 😒 and a bottle neck , interesting thing is its fine with the Voodoo 2 😒
Also been researching building a 486 anyone got any info on these adapters , specifically the dip switches:
The attachment Capture2.JPG is no longer available
The attachment Capture.JPG is no longer available