Reply 51300 of 59862, by PcBytes
- Rank
- l33t
This is what I found, thanks to a user who recapped a BE6-II on Badcaps:
" I finally figured it out - Abit has a setting called "In Order Queue Depth".
If you overclock the chipset, they automatically change it to 1.
Put it back to 8 and you'll recover the speed a 440BX is known for. My board was still perfectly stable at 133fsb that way."
Basically 1 is half the speed of 440BX, and 8 is full speed.
I don't really have any better explanation - it took XP longer than it should have to install (given the amount of RAM and the fact that the HDD is a rather speedy one from experience) and only after I had found the Queue Depth was set to 1.
Interesting thing is I didn't see it show up on the BP6's SoftMenu II.
"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: R5 1600, MSI X470 Gaming+ MAX, 16GB RAM, 3TB
98SE : P3 1000, ASUS CUBX-E, 768MB RAM, 80GB
