VOGONS

First post, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i've salvaged a Hercules Stingray 128/3D card from a old pentium Pro system that was sitting roadside. (case was mangled but the cards n motherboard looked intact) the PSU looked sketch AF so i have it in storage for now.
and i've had a Matrox Millennium II card thats been in storage for awhile that seemingly needs its bios flashed

i havent ever had a voodoo card be it something like this or a dedicated card before (though i had some card that passed graphics thru before when i was a kid.) so i dont know how to go about testing it much less if i need something a bit specific due to the nature of the card.

whats the best suggested drivers for Windows 9x? and what should i use to test the card both its 2D counterpart and the Voodoo Rush half. (im not sure if the card is fully functional either, and that is why im looking for a way to test it.. on a Restart the computer boots up like normal but i get no display. I haveto shut down the system for a min or 2 then power it back on before i'll get any kind of output)

as for the Millennium II, i've tried using the last version of Progbios + trying to supply the 1.5 Bios for it, but i get errors. " The bios is invalid!" (showing a proper detection its a Millennium II, but no Serial and its on "???" bios. and "Invalid PINS Offset.". tried what i found online a matching PINS file for the card and using teh command line "progbios -i 859-5.bin -s MILL2.TXT -k" (MILL2.TXT was the Pins file) it warns me the bios on the card is invalid after pressing Y it Locks up. i dont see any indication its trying to flash nor any messages it should be telling me that it is. it creates a corrupted EMERGENC.BIN (or what looks corrupted) before freezing up. i've tried it between a few Pentium 1 & 2 systems i have i've tried disabling caching etc, no changes.

( a note about the last topic i started on the ATI All in Wonder, i never got it to work. i'd install whatever driver i could try finding but Nothing'd detected it after or it'd leave the system highly unstable)