VOGONS

First post, by ninko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I bought "new" Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 (SP4320, PS432E) laptop for early WIN and DOS games. After basic cleaning/disassembling/assembling it runs great. It has good DOS sound compatibility but problem is, that it has WinXP installed.

I'd like to install fresh Win98SE but I don't have recover CDs. It is possible to install clean Win98 and obtain drivers from toshiba website, but last time with Thinpad T41, it was pain in the ass to find and install correct drivers. Recovery CDs for T41 were very helpful and install was quite a fun.

Problem is, that I can't find those Recovery CDs for Satellite 4300 Series anywhere on the internet.

Is here anyone who owns this CDs and will be so kind to upload them?

Intel 82440LX/Celeron-A 300/192MB/3Dlabs Permedia 2V
VIA MVP3/K6-2 500/256MB/Radeon 8500
VIA KT333/ Athlon XP 1700+/2GB/Radeon 9600
Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300/P III 600/192MB/S3 Savage-IX/(SP4320)
IBM Thinkpad T41/P M 1.6/1,5GB/Radeon 7500/(2373)

Reply 1 of 5, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ninko wrote on 2023-07-26, 13:13:
Hello, […]
Show full quote

Hello,

I bought "new" Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 (SP4320, PS432E) laptop for early WIN and DOS games. After basic cleaning/disassembling/assembling it runs great. It has good DOS sound compatibility but problem is, that it has WinXP installed.

I'd like to install fresh Win98SE but I don't have recover CDs. It is possible to install clean Win98 and obtain drivers from toshiba website, but last time with Thinpad T41, it was pain in the ass to find and install correct drivers. Recovery CDs for T41 were very helpful and install was quite a fun.

Problem is, that I can't find those Recovery CDs for Satellite 4300 Series anywhere on the internet.

Is here anyone who owns this CDs and will be so kind to upload them?

I have the same laptop and installed MS Dos 6.22 a long time agoo. Just for DOs games.
I even found the true Yamaha OPL sounddriver for Dos, so all games run with sound.

Did you install extra memory? (mine has one bank empty and runs on 64MB)
I'm thinking on installing Windows 98 from an ISO I have. I don't have any native/original Toshiba software so i think it will be try and error.

Rise of the Triad

Reply 3 of 5, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
giantclam wrote on 2023-09-20, 09:17:

You should be ok with a vanilla win98 install ... drivers are here ->> https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHom … 65&osId=3333623

GREAT! thanks!

Offtopic - I think i will use DOS for now but the screen is giving me black borders and 640x480 res in dos.
IS there a way to load sort of Savage Dos-driver or an setting wich uses full screen in Dos?

Rise of the Triad