VOGONS

PLEASE HELP.1st time using DOSBOX

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by ajgray04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i got it to work. runs nicely except sound is choppy at parts. thanks guys. if anyone knows how to help that sound a bit lemme kno. do i to retype and remount everything in dosbox everytime i wanna play?

i jus wanna play old cool dos games with no hassle 🤣

Reply 21 of 27, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

a) be sure you're using dosbox 0.72, and look in the dosbox.conf for
the cycles= settings (try cycles=max 80% or something similar)

b) read the readme, and the [autoexec] section of your dosbox.conf

Have fun!

Reply 22 of 27, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
ajgray04 wrote:

do i to retype and remount everything in dosbox everytime i wanna play?

Did you read my 60 seconds guide?

60 seconds guide wrote:
If you have more than 60 seconds to spare, use Notepad to edit "%ProgramFiles%\DOSBox-0.72\dosbox.conf" and add the mount comman […]
Show full quote

If you have more than 60 seconds to spare, use Notepad to edit "%ProgramFiles%\DOSBox-0.72\dosbox.conf" and add the mount commands to the section named autoexec (at the bottom of the file):

[autoexec]
mount C "C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\My Documents\DOSBox stuff\MyGame"
mount D "D:" -t cdrom -ioctl
C:

That way, they will automagically be executed by DOSBox everytime you start DOSBox.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 23 of 27, by ajgray04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sweet, u guys have been a big help. now...if u guys wanna be even more of a help 🤣. help me find out where i can download the full version of kings quest 4 perils of rosella. or maybe a good site with tons of old dos games. for some reason, i had the full freakn collection of kings quest 1-7 and Myst 1-5 and i found myst. but yea, kings quest is MIA.

i jus wanna play old cool dos games with no hassle 🤣

Reply 24 of 27, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Kings Quest, Myst and many, many old games are still available and sold on eBay, Steam, etc, etc. It is also (in most countries) illegal to download them for free, so please don't ask for them here at VOGONS.

For free games, try a site called "Liberated Games".

The latest release of DBGL (DOSBox Game Launcher) also comes with a neat little collection of free games, ready to play.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 25 of 27, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ajgray04 wrote:

help me find out where i can download the full version of kings quest 4 perils of rosella. or maybe a good site with tons of old dos games.

Sorry for spamming, but...

OMFG.

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 26 of 27, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ajgray04 wrote:

sweet, u guys have been a big help. now...if u guys wanna be even more of a help 🤣. help me find out where i can download the full version of kings quest 4 perils of rosella. or maybe a good site with tons of old dos games. for some reason, i had the full freakn collection of kings quest 1-7 and Myst 1-5 and i found myst. but yea, kings quest is MIA.

Kings Quest Download

Reply 27 of 27, by djp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ajgray04 wrote:
sweet, u guys have been a big help. now...if u guys wanna be even more of a help Laughing Out Loud. help me find out where i can download the full version of kings quest 4 perils of rosella. or maybe a good site with tons of old dos games. for some reason, i had the full freakn collection of kings quest 1-7 and Myst 1-5 and i found myst. but yea, kings quest is MIA.

Kings Quest Download

🤣!
Wonder if he would be interested in a FREE download of Tierra Entertainment's Quest remakes? http://www.agdinteractive.com/games.php

Edit - Ugh, I'll figure out the quote system one of these days 😖

Never try to outstubborn a cat. - Lazarus Long