VOGONS

Redneck Rampage and the Joystick Emulation

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1st off just for the record "People, it's possible to use a joystick in Redneck Rampage & Route 66!" Cool huh, if ya didn't know.

Just use the Game Controller Settings in SETUP.EXE or SETUPMAIN.EXE(if ya want to run in windowed mode) in your Rampage Dir (usually = C:\Interplay\Rampage or Redneck Rampage 1 of the 2, changed mine 🤣 ).

Don't!!! I REPEAT, DONT USE the actual joystick OR Thrustmaster/Wingman cuz their mapping is shit!lol I think due to the fact that it's baised on a weird 2-Axis Setup instead of both X and Y and it's inverted (I dont much care for thee ol' inverted axis). But anywhoo Keyboard & Controller Option work!

But Heres The Catch.... 😁 😁

Don't know about anyone else from what I read, but im past the whole glitch in the Audio now! No skips in sound fer me at all... Execept when I Emulate the Joystick! Ha, go figure damn game!lol

If anyones got past this by tweaking the VDMSound Joystick EMU, Please teach me a new trick, cuz im stuck. Heres my specs if needed...

Windows XP
512 MB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 3.00E Ghz
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
RealTek AC97 Audio
Ken Silvermans NOLFB Vesa Fix
VDMSound 2.1.0 Beta
Logitech Freedom 2.4 & Wingman Cordless Rumblepad

(Both work under controller setting. remember i have tested & Thrustmast\Wingman Setting = Crapy!lol)

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-08-21, 08:27. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I also have Rides Again & Deer Hunter, just not installed yet. Haven't tested em' but I will and as soon as I do I will post the results. Im sure it will work though.

😵 waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 2 of 3, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I found out about a great program that fixes those pesky sound problems!!! Just click this Joy to Key link from Zophars Domain to get your copy of this Awesome Joystick Mapping Program!!! Enjoy!!! 😁

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 3 of 3, by Walorenzo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Waxxxz018 wrote on 2004-07-01, 09:14:
1st off just for the record "People, it's possible to use a joystick in Redneck Rampage & Route 66!" Cool huh, if ya didn't know […]
Show full quote

1st off just for the record "People, it's possible to use a joystick in Redneck Rampage & Route 66!" Cool huh, if ya didn't know.

Just use the Game Controller Settings in SETUP.EXE or SETUPMAIN.EXE(if ya want to run in windowed mode) in your Rampage Dir (usually = C:\Interplay\Rampage or Redneck Rampage 1 of the 2, changed mine 🤣 ).

Don't!!! I REPEAT, DONT USE the actual joystick OR Thrustmaster/Wingman cuz their mapping is shit!lol I think due to the fact that it's baised on a weird 2-Axis Setup instead of both X and Y and it's inverted (I dont much care for thee ol' inverted axis). But anywhoo Keyboard & Controller Option work!

But Heres The Catch.... 😁 😁

Don't know about anyone else from what I read, but im past the whole glitch in the Audio now! No skips in sound fer me at all... Execept when I Emulate the Joystick! Ha, go figure damn game!lol

If anyones got past this by tweaking the VDMSound Joystick EMU, Please teach me a new trick, cuz im stuck. Heres my specs if needed...

Windows XP
512 MB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 3.00E Ghz
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
RealTek AC97 Audio
Ken Silvermans NOLFB Vesa Fix
VDMSound 2.1.0 Beta
Logitech Freedom 2.4 & Wingman Cordless Rumblepad

(Both work under controller setting. remember i have tested & Thrustmast\Wingman Setting = Crapy!lol)

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

hey,made this account and wondered if you ever got like an xbox controller to work on this using xpadder?,ive searched everywhere for someone who has either mapped or played this game on a controller and ,nothing,I had a full working profile on xpadder i worked on for weeks,it took so long just to make it feel modern,ive since then lost that pc and now im on a new on ,im about to work on it and was wondering if anyone of yourself would take a look at it and play with it to appreciate how long it took me to make 🤣 .lmk