VOGONS

First post, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I created a DOSBox fork because I had a lot of difficulty getting Glide working with existing builds. It also has fixed high bitdepth support. I also packaged it up into an app bundle.

It's based on newish master branches of DOSBox and OpenGLide. I used some patches I found here and made some additional changes.

You can download it here (source and binaries):
http://crosma.com/software/dosboxlove.tar.bz2

Reply 1 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

thank you very much for this port.

Just a msg to other readers:
After downloading, I discovered it requires macOS (OS X 10.12),
but will not run on older versions of OS X (10.11-),
which is installed on "my Mac" currently..

Klimawandel.

Reply 2 of 6, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've still got a 10.9 install around, so I should be able to put together a build on that.

Reply 4 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As a DOSBox front-end programmer in hope to add support for it, I must ask the following question:

Is the config file fixed to "~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox LOVE Preferences" or can the standard one also be used to feed DOSBox Love Edition?

Klimawandel.

Reply 5 of 6, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
IIGS_User wrote:

As a DOSBox front-end programmer in hope to add support for it, I must ask the following question:

Is the config file fixed to "~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox LOVE Preferences" or can the standard one also be used to feed DOSBox Love Edition?

You should be able to feed it via. command-line parameter or whatever.

Reply 6 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for the comment.

With Daum build, which also uses its own config file, I let my frontend edit its orginal config file, leaving an original copy around.

Still not implemented yet, but I think I would work the same way with your port.

Klimawandel.