VOGONS

Forum Access Blocked

Topic actions

First post, by ankut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Some time ago I noticed that I was not able to access this forum any more, in fact, the address zetafleet.com would not even ping for me. I thought this was some problem with the server, so I just ignored it for a week. Then, on a whim, I asked a friend to browse to this forum, and he could view it! I tried this site with a proxy server (I am using it right now) and was surprised to find that the site was in fact accessible now. The question is, why would my IP be blocked from the forum site???

Ideas?

Reply 1 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We had some server problems some days ago. You probably were trying when the forums were completely down.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 7, by ankut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wish it were true, but at this very moment, as before, I cannot access the site without using a proxy server.

Reply 3 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you sure your internet connection settings are correct?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 7, by ankut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Quite sure, every other website works, just not zetafleet.com. Pretty strange right? Either my ISP is blocking this site for some strange reason, or some weird DNS mumbo jumbo is going on...

Reply 5 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

tried clearing some cache ?
AFAIK no ip is blocked to this server

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 7, by ankut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, I restarted the TreeWalk DNS service and things seem to be back to normal... Thank you both for your help.