VOGONS

First post, by Forklift17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've looked at several tutorials for how to get DOSBox fullscreen. I have tried multiple settings for fullresolution, windowsresolution, output, etc. in the config file. Nothing I have tried works. The best I can do is to get a large window that only has a tiny portion in the middle for DOSBox, and the rest of the window is black.

I know that most DOS games have a 4:3 aspect ratio, and this is fine, but this does not describe my problem.

How do I enlarge DOSBox to fill most or all of the screen, not just that tiny portion in the middle?

Reply 2 of 6, by Forklift17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

ALT+Enter or fullscreen=true in dosbox.conf

That makes the window go big, but all the fonts are still tiny. The rest of the screen is just a thick black border.

Reply 3 of 6, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

change output to opengl in the .conf file. Also set aspect to true if you don't want the original 4:3 screen stretched on a widescreen monitor.

Reply 4 of 6, by Forklift17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jmarsh wrote:

change output to opengl in the .conf file. Also set aspect to true if you don't want the original 4:3 screen stretched on a widescreen monitor.

I fixed it. I was commenting out stuff with #, but it seems you can't do that on the setting lines. I set the fullscreen resolution to 0x0, and now it's truly fullscreen.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Reply 5 of 6, by ProDigit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What's the difference between 0x0 and say 1280x800 (if that's the screen resolution)?