VOGONS

Games with multiple CDs

Topic actions

First post, by Dan Forever

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got to the end of disc 1 in Privateer 2: The darkening and no matter what I try I can't get the game to recognise the second disc. I've got them all as ISOs and mounted them using imgmount.

(Using Linux)
I've tried creating a symlink to the current disc, mounting that in dosbox and changing the symlink to the next disc when the game asks for it. I've tried pressing CTRL-F4 and CTRL-WINKEY-F4.
I've tried mounting disc 1 as drive 'D', disc 2 as drive 'E' and disc 3 as drive 'F' and pressing CTRL-F4 to cycle through them, but to no avail.
I'm using Dosbox 0.65. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Reply 1 of 3, by QuietGuy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With IMGMount it shall not work, since you have to change the image then, or go back to a console window to re-mount another image file.

In Windows I should use Daemon Tool, together with "MOUNT D G:\ -t cdrom -apsi" in DOSBox. Then I can just swap the image in Daemon Tool.
Don't know how to do this in linux though.

Reply 2 of 3, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You could try to suspend the DosBox process with some 3rd party tool and then alter the mounted image directly in the ram, but I think QuiteGuy's way requires much less time (and skill 😉 ).

Reply 3 of 3, by Dan Forever

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've actually found I can start the game with disc 2 in the drive, which means I'll just need to save right before the game needs disc 3...