VOGONS

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
On my system VPHall CD is not being recognized even after installing the latest patch (2.5.9.2). Using a fixed .exe doesn't help either. I've been able to fix a few games by updating the security protection drivers and others by simply enabling security protections that were disabled by some Windows Updates. For VPHall is there such a method to get it working? I'm on Win7 64 bits.

Reply 1 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Works fine here. Even when I switch the drive letter of the virtual drive I used (seems it checks all CD drives)? Maybe your disc is just bad.

Reply 2 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote on 2020-05-04, 12:42:

Works fine here. Even when I switch the drive letter of the virtual drive I used (seems it checks all CD drives)? Maybe your disc is just bad.

Are you using any compatibility fixes?

Reply 3 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No.

Reply 4 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, turned out I accidentally moved a folder inside another one, but now I'm getting a different error. "Unable to load profile.dll" even if it's there already. Tried both the patched and unpatched dll without success.
Edit: Did a fresh reinstall and now the CD Not in drive message is back again. I don't know what to do anymore.

Reply 5 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2020-05-05, 00:41:

Ok, turned out I accidentally moved a folder inside another one, but now I'm getting a different error. "Unable to load profile.dll" even if it's there already. Tried both the patched and unpatched dll without success.
Edit: Did a fresh reinstall and now the CD Not in drive message is back again. I don't know what to do anymore.

Check the disc for errors?

Reply 6 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, it installs and copy the remaining files without errors.

Reply 7 of 8, by psy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, i was having the same problems and the game managed to run when i mount a virtual cd iso image , i can pm you my exe to try it if you want. (xmm for some reason i can'r send pm's , because i don't have many posts i think 😒 )

Reply 8 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
psy_ wrote on 2020-09-09, 15:58:

Hello, i was having the same problems and the game managed to run when i mount a virtual cd iso image , i can pm you my exe to try it if you want. (xmm for some reason i can'r send pm's , because i don't have many posts i think 😒 )

Hello, I haven't updated this thread in a long while but this is exactly how I managed to run it before, thanks. For some reason the nocd doesn't work on Win7 and above and in WinXP only for some days.