VOGONS

Looking for BIOS image for ASUS ISA 386C

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by SteliosG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Which board do you have ? I thought it was an Asus 386C . Any pics ? You see … I stumbled upon a few SIS rabbit bios dumps before convincing myself to try and repair my dump . I can try to find them again . Even PCEmu bios packs have one or two that I managed to boot (but without turbo/cache enabled)

Did you try a different VGA and different RAM ?

EDIT : I could boot with the 3sim001.zip . I found on this site : http://chukaev.ru54.com/bios_cs_en.htm

Reply 22 of 25, by SteliosG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Turbo switch jumpered is what enables the cache. Have you run speedsys or CTCM ? Or even cct386 ?

With the 64KB cache, I guess that only 16MB is cached . Right ? There are no options in BIOS, but CTCM shows it's write-through.
I'm thinking to upgrade to 32MB and I am a bit skeptical about the performance drop .

Reply 24 of 25, by mt777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I played with MrBios but unfortunately it looks like that can't proper recognize cache. Benchmark result is very poor. Does anyone sucessfuly run it with MrBios?

Reply 25 of 25, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I experienced a similar problem with Mr. BIOS on my my SiS Rabbit board as well. It's a "CTI" brand that uses a very early revision rabbit chipset. Although MR BIOS claims to be compatible with the old revisions, it doesn't seem to work.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium