VOGONS

First post, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hey guys
i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold in the 90s. That came with soundcard, cdrom and CDs with games.

The only thing i kept was a manual, and it says MEDIA VISION FUSION.

Looking online i was unable to find anything about it, no box pictures, no info on what it came with.
The only thing i was able to figure out is that those kits were sold with a Sony CDU-31A drive, which looks like a 2x cdrom drive, and they also came with some CDs with games like Battlechess.
As for the media vision soundcard i have no idea what specific soundcard they came with, probably a PAS16 maybe? mediavision made quite a few soundcards that were ISA.

if anyone has one, please share some info, and pictures would be nice

cdrom was this i belive
sony-cdu31a-02-2x-ide-internal-cd-rom-drive-1.11__40397.1490273524.jpg

Reply 1 of 10, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-02-19, 21:40:
hey guys i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold […]
Show full quote

hey guys
i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold in the 90s. That came with soundcard, cdrom and CDs with games.

Looking online i was unable to find anything about it, no box pictures, no info on what it came with.
The only thing i was able to figure out is that those kits were sold with a Sony CDU-31A drive, which looks like a 2x cdrom drive, and they also came with some CDs with games like Battlechess.
As for the media vision soundcard i have no idea what specific soundcard they came with, probably a PAS16 maybe? mediavision made quite a few soundcards that were ISA.

cdrom was this i belive

About half way down the page

https://web.archive.org/web/19961110152114/ht … rt/ts_mmkit.htm

Reply 2 of 10, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-02-19, 22:47:
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-02-19, 21:40:
hey guys i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold […]
Show full quote

hey guys

cdrom was this i belive

About half way down the page

https://web.archive.org/web/19961110152114/ht … rt/ts_mmkit.htm

thank you!
probably i had a Fusion CD 16 w/ Sony CDU 31A

too bad in that era pictures were like pixels in these days.
Still wondering if someone in this forum has a box of such kit, i would like to see images 😁

Reply 3 of 10, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you search Goole Books for 'Fusion 16 CD' you'll see some of their magazine ads from 1993 with some (slightly) better pics of some of the various packs.

Reply 4 of 10, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

still looking there but i cant find, only list of prices, expensive actually 500 dollars.
in todays it would be much much more

Reply 5 of 10, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-02-20, 16:19:

still looking there but i cant find, only list of prices, expensive actually 500 dollars.
in todays it would be much much more

There's a few similar images like these

MV Fusion 01.jpg
MV Fusion 02.jpg
MV Fusion 03.jpg
MV Fusion 04.jpg

Reply 6 of 10, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice ! and not the greatest pictures but found this interesting:

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 9 of 10, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Great ! I have the card but got it decades ago and not as a kit, still works just fine.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 10 of 10, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-05-19, 01:22:
very nice! […]
Show full quote
Gona wrote on 2021-05-18, 16:18:

IXP-PAS16P (PAS16 LMSI) 650-042. A version with Philips type CD-ROM interface and drive:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/broox/26999661875

very nice!

is that yours??

mine came with the exact same cd games and speakers,but the cdrom was a sony one.

Not mine. I just found this great picture and want to share, and then read "Philips CD-ROM" on the box and searched the Fusion CD 16 (PAS16) card with Philips interface, have found one and complete the Jigsaw Puzzle. I want to share this information because not easy to identify a Philips CD-ROM interface and also "LMSI" doesn't tell me much. My Fusion CD 16 soundcard I got standalone too and mine also has Sony interface (PAS16SL).

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix