VOGONS

First post, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am kinda joking a bit, in that you can probably find matched mouse and cards if you hunt high and low. What typically happens though is that the card stays in a machine and the mouse gets put away separately, and they never meet up again. You see a few "useless" bus mouse cards... a year or two passes... then you see a "useless" bus mouse.... but can't see any cards for sale... & repeat...These two I think I got many years apart, and the mouse had been sitting in a box of random mice, and the card in a box of random cards, and I just happened to see each of them recently enough that I could marry them together... I guess the sad thing is, I now have several things to plug a bus mouse into, but so far as I know right now, only the one mouse. There's this logitech card, which I will test with, but I also have an AST laptop with a bus mouse port, an ATI Graphics Solution with a bus mouse port, and another one card somewhere which I think is the Microsoft version. They gave you a decent length of cord back then, darned thing must be 8ft/2.5m approx...

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1 of 2, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool ! Yeah you never see them sold together if at all....Some where is my stacks of crap have a bus mouse but have not seen it in years.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 2, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Kawl man....!

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉