VOGONS


Reply 40 of 43, by Yuriy_X

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I'd be happy to participate too, my new Pentium 4 system will most likely be built on an S423 motherboard (INTEL D850GB) with SBLInk with a Pentium 4 (early Willamette) and Yamaha 724.

Reply 41 of 43, by NorsteinB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Wait, would this already work with Pentium D CPUs?
Those are part of the Netburst family after all.

Reply 42 of 43, by OttoPS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
NorsteinB wrote on 2026-09-15, 21:11:

Wait, would this already work with Pentium D CPUs?
Those are part of the Netburst family after all.

That’s a great question; according to the Intel datasheet, the MSR bitmask for configuring DS/BTS on the Pentium D is the same as that of its predecessor, the original Pentium 4. Give it a try; if you get an "unsupported CPU" error, use the "force" command option.

Reply 43 of 43, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I assume this utility is also applicable to Netburst Xeons on Socket 603/604?

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.