User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Steins;Gate Steam version:

dgvoodoo.jpg

Something wrong, here's how the title screen should look (DXVK):

dxvk.jpg

It needs hex edit to change d3d9.dll to v3d9.dll to work with dgVoodoo/DXVK at all.

Edit: never mind, debug log told me the reason: it was out of VRAM. Not something I expected of a 1080p 2D game. And I would have expected it to crash, not do that.

Lanczos upscaling makes the game look marginally better, but it has the double cursor problem.

Reply 421 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A suggestion: can you add an Integer-ratio uprendering option? (intended for modern games, not retro games; for retro games there is already integer-ratio upscaling)

(This to give users the ability to play games at much higher resolutions than originally designed, but without HUD/UI/menus distortions that often occur when rendering at non-integer ratios.

It's a "golden mean" between uprendering to a display native resolution and upscaling at integer ratios.)

Reply 422 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FulValBot wrote on 2021-04-12, 10:16:

A suggestion: can you add an Integer-ratio uprendering option? (intended for modern games, not retro games; for retro games there is already integer-ratio upscaling)

(This to give users the ability to play games at much higher resolutions than originally designed, but without HUD/UI/menus distortions that often occur when rendering at non-integer ratios.

It's a "golden mean" between uprendering to a display native resolution and upscaling at integer ratios.)

That's already there? In the resolution box there are presets for 1/2/3/4x as well as some max ISF options. You can also type in custom values, like 10x if you also want downsampling.

Reply 423 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't want downsampling... and all these are options for integer-ratio upscaling

Reply 424 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They aren't. They are for up rendering. If they aren't working for that it's either a problem with your configuration otherwise, or the game uses software rendering.

Reply 425 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have tried to use both options "Resolution" with 2x mode and "Integer Scale factor" with 2 (if i use only one of these i got pixellated graphics, and with Mafia1 i don't want this...), but if i use "Centered, keep Aspect ratio" i got a very large screen (a 1920x1080 resolution for some reason) with an incomplete image and zoomed... with "Stretched, 4:3 Aspect Ratio" it works fine (but is not integer, there are distorsions with that) and with "Centered" mode it works fine but without Aspect Ratio corrected (that's normal)

"Centered, keep Aspect Ratio" need a fix

Reply 426 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FulValBot wrote on 2021-04-12, 11:13:

I have tried to use both options "Resolution" with 2x mode and "Integer Scale factor" with 2 (if i use only one of these i got pixellated graphics, and with Mafia1 i don't want this...), but if i use "Centered, keep Aspect ratio" i got a very large screen (a 1920x1080 resolution for some reason) with an incomplete image and zoomed... with "Stretched, 4:3 Aspect Ratio" it works fine, and with "Centered" mode it works fine but without Aspect Ratio corrected (that's normal)

You need to use only the "Resolution" option, you need to set "Integer scale factor" to 1.

If you use both options then you obviously get both, say Mafia is running at 640x480 it will first uprender to 1280x960 than integer scale to 2560x1920, of course that won't fit on a 1920x1080 screen.

Reply 427 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's strange because this not happen with "Centered" mode... only with "Centered, keep Aspect Ratio" i got that problem

Reply 428 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Centered (and the two other top options) = Handled by GPU drivers.

Centered, keep Aspect Ratio (and the remaining bottom options) = Handled by dgVoodoo, which does it correctly, it does exactly what you ask it to.

Reply 429 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Windows defender still detect 2.74 version...

Reply 430 of 474, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Alas, Windows Defender is full of shite. It's really becoming like other AVs, where you have to unblock the same files over and over.

Reply 431 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

dgVoodoo2 doesn't work with Serious Sam The First & Second Encounter classic version (direct 3d mode)

Reply 432 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Half-Life 1 still has two mouse cursors

https://ibb.co/Cn0cg1c

and often i can't click anywhere

Reply 433 of 474, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bad mouse lag in Unreal 2 menu using the frame limiter (80 FPS).
Just starting the game, NOT pausing it.
UT 2004 input too feels "strange" (in both game scaling set to "centered", to play @1920x1440)

Unreal2-2021-04-19-22-05-39-896.jpg

Reply 434 of 474, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Addendum: getting a very similar lag using the RTSS scanline sync!

Reply 435 of 474, by choin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not sure if it's okay to post bug reports here. Sacred is okay with 2.73 but unplayable with 2.74 because most of text and game objects are white.

Reply 436 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Version 2.74.1 was out yesterday

Reply 437 of 474, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Input lag with the limiter ON got a massive enhancement BUT the input still feels strange sometimes, it's like having a sensibility threshold....

Unreal 2 menu is really perfect to test this issue.

Reply 439 of 474, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What problem? The input lag? No, it's not related to dgVoodoo2, it's related to the dgVoodoo2's new LIMITER. With no limiter enabled there's no issue and it's stated in the 2.74.1 changelog that use of d3d12+limiter can cause some lag.