VOGONS


Weird issues with two Socket A motherboards (long post!)

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 63, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shevalier wrote on 2026-08-11, 17:44:

... For those who are too young for this shit and don't know what the first Sanyo OS-CON polymer capacitors (~1985y) looked like ...

Sanyo OS-CON polys and MV-GX lytics were the top stuff in the 1990s. Most datasheets of the time reference them, example:

file.php?mode=view&id=246621

Let the air flow!

Reply 61 of 63, by myne

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did panasonic buy them?
Might explain why I couldn't find the original specs when I looked months ago

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/quadro- … c1368#gallery-1

I built:
Convert old ASUS ASC boardviews to KICAD PCB!
Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11+tcp+vbe_svga auto-install iso template
Script to backup Win9x\ME drivers from a working install
Re: The thing no one asked for: KICAD 440bx reference schematic

Reply 62 of 63, by shevalier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
myne wrote on 2026-08-13, 00:11:

Did panasonic buy them?
Might explain why I couldn't find the original specs when I looked months ago

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/quadro- … c1368#gallery-1

https://sy-dep-epc-lpc.web.cern.ch/comp ... N%20SH.pdf
https://www.cyfronika.com.pl/dok/sanyo_oscon.pdf
https://elba-elektro.nl/files/public/OSCON_SG_1998.pdf
If you are talking about Sanyo OS-CON, their old datasheets are quite accessible.
As for the newer SEP/SEG series, I haven't looked, but Panasonic acquired Sanyo's capacitor business around 2000.
I think they are more than available.

Aopen MX3S, PIII-S Tualatin 1133, Radeon 9800Pro@XT BIOS, Audigy 4 SB0610
JetWay K8T8AS, Athlon DH-E6 3000+, Radeon HD2600Pro AGP, Audigy 2 Value SB0400
Gigabyte Ga-k8n51gmf, Turion64 ML-30@2.2GHz , Radeon X800GTO PL16, Diamond monster sound MX300

Reply 63 of 63, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
myne wrote on 2026-08-13, 00:11:

Did panasonic buy them? ...

Yep: Panasonic OS-CON

.

Amongst many other things, they also inherited the Eneloop batteries:

file.php?mode=view&id=247353

Let the air flow!