VOGONS

Reply 80 of 85, by mikejolley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@cyclone3d The link in your sig is not public ("Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers"). Would you mind opening it up again please? Cheers 😀

Reply 81 of 85, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mikejolley wrote on 2023-04-22, 20:31:

@cyclone3d The link in your sig is not public ("Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers"). Would you mind opening it up again please? Cheers 😀

Lemme see what I can do. I keep approving requests and pretty sure I tried changing it once and it didn't help... Stand by.

Ugghhhh... The max signature length is super short now and I am unable to even share 2 links in my sig.

The one you requested has been updated though.

Edit 2: Having to use a URL shortener is really stupid... other links I had incoming.

Edit 3: even with the shortened URLs, I still can't add them all back... UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Edit 4: There we go. Had to shorten descriptions but got them all.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 82 of 85, by mikejolley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Perfect, thank you!

Reply 83 of 85, by madcat1990

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

can someone help me patch this for the Via VT8233 PCI to ISA bridge?
VID : 1106
DEV : 3177

( Sorry to necro an old thread =/ )

Edit:

After reading the thread, I think i figured out how to do it. attached is my attempt for a VT8233 chipset.

Problem is, I still get "codec might not be connected" when I try to use this, even with dsdma.

But other IRQ settings now show where they haven't before. Progress I guess!

Reply 84 of 85, by loveburn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
moog wrote on 2020-10-18, 01:20:

INTA#.

Help me pls, inside setupds the sound card detects and working fine on intairq ddma (0) but after run setupds /s irq set to 127 automatically, what wrong?)

Picture

IMG-20240208-082028.jpg

UPD: it's working in pure dos, but on DMA0 only ( and IRQ for 724f is 5 or you must manually change the irq to 11 value on game setup, and of course in windows legacy not working! If I am use irq11 for pci slot, in windows legacy mode is take values 220x5x1, but if I try test the sounds in duke3d setup, the machine is crashing

Reply 85 of 85, by moog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't have a Yamaha YMF724 anymore. I gave it to my younger brother. This kind of thing usually happens if there's an IRQ conflict.

Audigy 2 ZS in FreeDOS
LinLin adapter documentation
+ various capacitor list threads