VOGONS

First post, by riplin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi folks,

GL85P04.jpeg

I just received a Voodoo 3 1000 and it had purple output, so I inspected the board a bit more closely and it looks like 4 components have been ripped of their pads. One of them is still lodged in there under the VGA connector, but looks like one of its pins has been shortened.

y7APNjD.jpeg

I'm looking for component values for:

C1
C5
L10
CR6

Edit 1: And looks like C88 on the right is also missing. An electrolytic cap.

Edit 2: Also just found that C107 is missing, next to the memory chip at the top right.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! 😀

Reply 1 of 1, by grjr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

C88 should be the same as C47, C79, C111, and C35. Card should function without it

C107 looks like it should match C104

I think you have misidentified C5 as a missing component. Starting from the bottom component IDs it looks like L6 is the actual missing part and it appears to match with L5 and L7.

L10 appears to match with L9 and L11.

CR6, can you just attempt to solder it back in place? Not sure of what the actual part number is but A7 is the ID mark.

C1 does not appear to be part of a set, maybe it matches C112?

looking at the layout of the components near the VGA connector the inductors and capacitors look to be used for analog / noise filtering. The card will probably function without them though the output might have some distortion. The inductors would likely need to be replaced with jumper wires for testing. I'm basing my assumptions by inspecting my own Voodoo 1000 card, I don't want to remove any of the SMDs for measurement but my card was originally missing C35 and C88 and was functional without them.

For anyone else reading this thread that happens to have a Voodoo 2000 laying around, could you tell me what the markings are for the 2 resistors connected to pin 2 of the EZ1582CM voltage regulator. One of the resistors leads to ground and the other to pin 3 / tab.

I will add some pictures of my own Voodoo 1000 for reference

Attachments