VOGONS

Reply 21 of 26, by garrynichol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

Are you overloading your CPU maybe? (cycles too high)

I turned of the fifo buffers like you said, rebooted and tried auto, fixed and max for the cycles but none made any difference to the mouse, at least not noticeably.

Someon told me that there's likley a regulator in the emulator to keep timing correct for games etc. Is there a way to tweak any regulator settings if any?

Reply 25 of 26, by garrynichol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried reducing the cycles and increasing the vga skip but niether helped the mouse sluggishness.
I should also mention that even just running norton commander in dosbox results in an inaccurate mouse response.

Reply 26 of 26, by giraffix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow, sorry for reviving this a good ten years later. I can't believe I'm having the very same issue now haha. This is a total shot in the dark, and I've posted on some other forums too. I'm trying to make art in kidpix on windows98 with dosbox-x. And of course my wacom tablet freaks out/sticks to the edges. I have some doubts. I don't know the first thing about coding myself (although I wish I did for situations like this.) But maybe posting here might put me on the right track to fixing things? Anyone out there have any idea how I can run 98se with tablet support on Windows10? (or kidpix sd in general!) Thanks everyone. ^^ ✌