VOGONS

First post, by MusicEdNC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good christmas. I recently found Strike Commander, the Speech pack and extra missions, and have a couple of issues perhaps someone around here can help me with. First off-

Running via DosBox .65
Windows XP, 2Gigs of RAM
GForce 6600

Joystick Problem:

Game loads up fine, and it asks me to calibrate joystick. I calibrate it, and it gives me the "joystick calibration is not correct" and makes me do it again. Will not accept any variations.

Install problem for tactical ops:

Keep in mind the main game plus the speech pack installed with no hitches. I go to install the add on, and after choosing my floppy drive (really on my HD, mounted to A it gives the following error -

"Drive Error. This usually means that the selected drive does not have enough free space available to run tactical ops. Hit any key to continue"

Hitting a key just makes the error message pop back up. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance -

levi

Reply 1 of 13, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, try the CD version, it includes both the Speech Pack and the Tactical Ops addons already installed, plus a lot of fixes. You can get it from this section of Home of the Underdogs:

No you can't.

Reply 2 of 13, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oops. Sorry, i thought it was OK to post the link.

To MusicEdNC: I think you'd better ask for the game at the House of the Underdogs message board.

Reply 3 of 13, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Joystick issue: wait for the next release of DOSBox.

1+1=10

Reply 4 of 13, by MusicEdNC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the responses. The version I got was from HOTU. I had the original SC ages ago. (If I'm not mistaken it was the last game I played on the 386 before I moved up to the 486) but I never had the speech pack or TO to go with it. But anyways, on the HOTU version it is 3 seperate installs.

So no other options other then to wait for the next DosBox release and hope it makes it better? Thanks in advance!

Levi

Reply 5 of 13, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Not just hope 😉
You can of course try your luck with the CVS builds:
DOSBox SVN Builds
Look out for one with a joystick patch.

1+1=10

Reply 6 of 13, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

HOTU also has the CD-Rip version, but it hasn't been posted yet. ask for it on their message board, it's really worth it.

As for the joystick problem, I can't be of any help, as I've always played this game thorugh keyboard.

Reply 7 of 13, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

you are not allowed to suggest Abandonware sites. These people DO NOT support pirated software.

Reply 8 of 13, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh. Understood.

Reply 9 of 13, by saga_kanon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I can´t play time commando , in dosbox I mount the cdrom but the program says: "can´t find time commando cd", please help me

Reply 10 of 13, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Uhmm... You shouldn't post in an existing, unrelated thread. And there's also the chance that your query has been answered before. Try using the search option.

But now that I'm here, I'll give it a try: have you tried looking for a no-cd patch? If you already have the full install, there are chances this could help.

I know this isn't exactly a solution, but it may be the most practical option.

Reply 11 of 13, by MusicEdNC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, I just got back from my honeymoon so I havn't had time to try anything, but I'll try asking on the HOTU boards for the CD version and try the CVS build that was mentioned above and report back. Thanks for the reasponse -

Levi

Reply 12 of 13, by johnqp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, had the exact same problem, and I solved it using the "-a" option
Use the dos box to go to your virtual a: drive type the executable - in this case "install" followed by the "-a" switch - like this : install -a
And there you have it, the tactical ops installed with out a problem
Hope this helps

Reply 13 of 13, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good to know but do not NECROPOST.

[Thread Locked]