VOGONS

Eye of the Beholder 1 Issues

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Have you tried making sure NUMLOCK is OFF before starting DOSBox?. Just a shot in the dark.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 21 of 27, by mrmike1949

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Numlock on or off doesn't make a difference. It's weird cause the keyboard is being used, at least the arrow keys. Works in EOB2 and EOB3.

Only reason I started playing EOB1 was to get better party and weapons for EOB2 & mainly EOB3. Very frustrating.

Thanks for the suggestion though

Reply 22 of 27, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Version 1.6 works perfectly fine for me under DOSBox 0.73

Have you tried usescancodes= true and false?.

What keyboard do you have?.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 23 of 27, by Norton Commander

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

EOB1 & 2 work fine for me in DOSBOX 0.72 & 0.71 as well. I am able to type the responses from the manual to get past certain levels easily. What OS are you running? I'm running it on Vista 64 currently but have also played it on XP SP2.

Reply 24 of 27, by Katy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having the same problem as mrmike1949. I can't type a password in at the copy protection screen. No cursor appears in the box. I am running dosbox 0.73 on visa 32. This is the only game I've had an issue with. 😢

Reply 27 of 27, by EOTBfan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I figured out a way around this problem. I played the game up till the first ladder and saved my game before I went up. Then I loaded the game in windows (without using DOSbox) and climbed the ladder and the game let me pass to the next level. Then just save and reload the game in DOSbox. Hope this helps. (Platform: Windows XP SP3 & DOSbox 0.74)