VOGONS

Common searches

glidos $$$

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 37, by theheadcharge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, this is to (i think) Paul the guy who made up glidos. I have been getting the impression that you live in the UK, so do i and i was wondering if it would be possible for me to pay you the equivalent of 10USD by mailing you a cheque or cash (i think 10USD is equivalent to £6 at the moment) simply because i dont have a paypal/nochex account and dont want to pay an extra £2 for that, when the only time i think i will ever use it is to register glidos.
Also, just before i pay for glidos i do have a few problems i wouldnt mind sorting, some guys on tombraiderforums.com partially helped me out, but the forums are down at the moment and rather than ask you to sort the whole lot out, i will wait till they are back up as i cant remember a couple of the things they told me to do. Its a bit of a bugger, because i had TR running perfectly earlier on today (got up to level 3, saw that glidos logo and decided i may as well pay for it), but now i try it again and im having either 1 or the other of the problems, or sometimes both. Anyway, i will create a new thread to ask you about that tomorrow sometime.

Thanks, keep up the good work. The amount of support you are giving to help people get such old games up and running again is fantastic!

Reply 23 of 37, by Unregistered

User metadata
Carrera wrote:

In Germany: About 4 liters of gasoline (petrol)
Pluses: No speed limits on some highways so you really a-go-go-go
Minuses: The camper in front of you is only going 100 kmh/55 mph

A liter of gas in Germany costs about €1.10. So make that app. 9 liters of gasoline.

What I don't understand is: Earlier versions of Glidos were free, but have apparently been removed from the website. Why not at least give those earlier versions away for free again?

Infidel

Reply 25 of 37, by Bad Mojo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Unregistered wrote:

What I don't understand is: Earlier versions of Glidos were free, but have apparently been removed from the website. Why not at least give those earlier versions away for free again?

Infidel

Work it out for yourself!

The earlier versions can be found if you take the trouble to look for them though 😉

Reply 26 of 37, by jso2897

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think it's a bargain. I've had it for months, and installed and uninstalled all kinds of hardware and software without breaking the code. Finally I managec to break it by changing all my setting to 32bit. It took 3 minutes to reactivate it. It'st he best ten gaming dollars I ever spent.

Reply 27 of 37, by Unregistered

User metadata

Bought it last night
The best £6 I ever spent,
I have never been able to play TR1, although I've always owned it, but the graphics, loss of sound, and awkwardness of running it in Win2k have combined to put me off. All these problems have been eliminated now, it is like having a new game. For anyone complaining about the price, i would have happily payed even more then $10 for what a fine program Glidos is.

Yours
Ben N

Reply 31 of 37, by jso2897

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I 've had GLIDOS for about six months now and I am still enthusiastic about it. Even without the vdsm sound, the sound is phenominal on my onboard chip. I've only had to renew the code once in all this time, and the graphics are fabulous! Seeing all the detail in the game just blows my mind. I first played TR on a 133mhz Cyrix, with 16mb ram and a 4mb graphics card. It was blocky and slow, but it was still the coolest thing I'd ever seen. And seeing it again with fast, smooth, detailed graphics is a real nostalgia kick.

Reply 33 of 37, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Accepting small numbers of small payments on the net, without being charged more for the service than you actually receive, is difficult.

The other thing I've had some people do is send cash in UK pounds by post (preferably a 10 UK pound note).

Reply 34 of 37, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My bank account allows me to send money all over my country without paying anything for it. If you want to send money by Post Office you pay about 50cents for it. But when I want to send money to another country without having a credit card I have to pay about 10$.

I just thought that it might be way less expensive if you allow people to send money to someone from his own country (if you have friends in there or something). And after some time (or some amount of money collected) the friend sends it to you paying way less for the transfer. Also if for example that friend wanted to recieve money from your country, the money could be send to you and after some time you could send only the amount that differs to each other.