VOGONS

Reply 40 of 44, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My headphones are working ok. They are just cost $139 so the quality is the the same - very good. I also use them to listen to my HiFi system. When I use regular Koss (don't remember the model) headphones it seems to be ok. For me is more important in this case that there is no difference between db50xg and nec clone:) i am happy with that.

But man, I spent so many days trying to make mx300+db and awe64 work together! I wanted to use sb16 emulation from awe64 and use waveblaster on mx300.
Awe64 sb16 I7 D0-7 240
mx300 sbpro I5 D1-3 220
Waveblaster 330
so far only two games worked like I wanted. They are Duke3D and Hexen. But other games give me no digital music at all. If I put the same settings in warcraft2 (sb16 i7, d0-7, 240 and waveblaster 330) i can hear only midi, but not digital sounds. If i take Doom2 and addon to it, it gets worse. Midi still works, but for digital not a sb16 and not a sbpro(i5, d1-3, 220) can work. If you put wrong numbers in a game it would show you an error. I put correct numbers, games take it. But there are no digital sounds. What could happened?

Reply 41 of 44, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I fixed the problem by disabling sb pro emulation on mx300. So in Win98 it works great!:)

Everywhere says that db60xg has an input. But I don't see it on the card. It there any chance to turn it off? Maybe it would make the SnR better?

Reply 42 of 44, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Menkau_ra wrote:

Everywhere says that db60xg has an input. But I don't see it on the card.

The inputs are part of the WaveBlaster header, via pins 12 and 16 (corresponding to A/D Parts 1 and 0, respectively). I am aware of exactly one soundcard that uses these: the AudioTriX 3D-XG.

It there any chance to turn it off? Maybe it would make the SnR better?

Shouldn't be necessary; the A/D Parts are "off" by default.

Reply 43 of 44, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How to make a MX300 works with GM under pure DOS? It works perfect with DB60XG under Win98, but when I boot DOS, I can't use the daughterboard. Is there any setup?