VOGONS

Reply 21 of 24, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I've updated the patch to current SVN. It still works with my ISO and HSF test case images, but I haven't had an HSF image with audio tracks to test. Feel free to test it with your images, and let me know if you find any issues.

Attachments

• Filename
    hsf_svn3858.diff
    File size
    10.19 KiB
    Downloads
    86 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 22 of 24, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It works great with Jones (including CD audio) and all the other High Sierra discs I have tried, and does not seem to break anything else. Thank-you very much.

Given how well this works and that there are games for which it is needed, I would recommend integration into the main source.

By the way, GH: comparing the two releases of Jones I mentioned, I could not see the forest for the trees: the version with the latest dates being August 1991 only has DOS files, whereas my version with December 1991/January 1992 file dates has additional files for Windows support. The DOS files retain their original dates, except for the updated AUDCDROM.DRV. Silly me! I am not quite sure what the difference in AUDCDROM.DRV is, but they are both of the same size and differ only in a single byte. It seems to have something to do with a sector offset that is enforced --- 1991's AUDCDROM.DRV uses 150, 1992's uses 114.

Reply 23 of 24, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would assume that the change would have something to do with the size differences between the data portion of the two discs, since the addition of the Windows files must add some size to the data track.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog