VOGONS

PSU for PIII system...

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been running Xeon Prime on a Antec Earthwatts 380W.

+3.3V @ 20A
+5V @ 20A
+12V1 @ 17A
+12V2 @ 15A
-12V @ 0.8A
+5VSB @ 2.5A

Handles a pair of P3 Xeon 700Mhz 1MBs @ 784Mhz and a 5950 Ultra with no trouble.

Crimson Tide - EVGA 1000P2; ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS; 2x E5-2697 v3 14C 3.8 GHz on all cores (All core hack); 64GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3; EVGA 750 Ti SC; Sound Blaster Z

Reply 21 of 25, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

More bad luck from ebay! My new beige 'Suntek Bravo' case with a 300W PSU arrived... But the rear of the case is warped/buckled making it useless 🙁. I suspect City Link have have been a bit heavy handed with it! It's a real shame as it's a really cool looking case for my PIII setup and i don't think the seller has another 😢

I've messaged the seller and will now have to wait for a reply .

Reply 22 of 25, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PowerPie5000 wrote:

More bad luck from ebay! My new beige 'Suntek Bravo' case with a 300W PSU arrived... But the rear of the case is warped/buckled making it useless 🙁. I suspect City Link have have been a bit heavy handed with it! It's a real shame as it's a really cool looking case for my PIII setup and i don't think the seller has another 😢

I've messaged the seller and will now have to wait for a reply .

The seller will be sending me a replacement 😀. I'm happy he has more in stock as it's actually a very cool looking case (imo) and will be a perfect replacement for the old rattling block of cheese that currently houses my PIII hardware 😁.

!B+Pz-FwBWk~$%28KGrHqJ,!lEEy+jC%29JD%28BM+BneQJ3!~~_12.JPG[/img]

Reply 24 of 25, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

My brain initially registered that case as some sort of smiling cyclops. ;)

That is exactly what I was thinking!

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 25 of 25, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:
swaaye wrote:

My brain initially registered that case as some sort of smiling cyclops. 😉

That is exactly what I was thinking!

I think it looks quite smart and it's got a good quality feel to it (although it does have a bit of a grin looking at it now 🤣). There's another 5.25" and 3.5" drive bay behind the flap too! It's quite a small case (38cm high) but it can still accommodate full size ATX boards and still has 7 PCI/AGP slot openings at the rear. It's easy to attach a fan on the inside front too (unlike my current cheesy looking 'dan technologies' case which is a pain!).

These are 'new old stock' cases which have been in storage for years (mine was manufactured December 2001)... A perfect retro look for my PIII setup 😎.