Common searches

Game collection

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 85, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Blame the poor photos on a mix of my non existant photography skils, awkward positioning behind furniture and other stuff and I wasnt prepared to start clearing out cupboards to get a shot of everything also a crap old camera that only works properly with expensive aaa batteries not the cheapo ones I use.

iHqbuon.jpg
9m41o7q.jpg
Jb1fy8i.jpg

Last edited by Davros on 2014-09-09, 20:36. Edited 1 time in total.

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 63 of 85, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great thread... some amazing collections there!

I just have a few games left now, but I used to keep all the games I bought back in the day. I sold almost everything a few years ago but I took pictures beforehand... here are some of them below.

First are the 5.25" games. I no longer had the boxes for them because unfortunately the boxes were stored in a basement due to lack of space, and were stolen down the road. However before I stored the boxes I removed the manuals (sometimes they were needed for copy protection as you can remember!) so I still had most of these. I sold the lot at the same time as the floppies.

QzddgEN.jpg

pQcLtbm.jpg

Here are my early '00s games. I have to say I don't really miss these.

HZHZOfI.jpg

And here are the big box games that weren't stolen because they were actually stored in a safer place. It's amazing I managed to hang on to these for so long, yet decided to sell them on a whim a few years ago. I sold most of these as a lot and probably could have got a lot more money if I sold them individually but I guess it's done now...

MKJ6IVM.jpg

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 64 of 85, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow..The Lucas arts games on the left alone at the top of the mark if everything is mint condition can fetch about $50 to $100 each. I've seen maniac mansion go for $120 on ebay and day of the tentacle go for $70 and loom in the original box too? About the same ...about $70.... everything you have pictured can be worth over $1000 easy but funny how it never really works out that way when you go to actually sell...as a lot almost no one would even pay $400 let alone $1000 for those games even though they are worth that much. I think that's part of the reason why I hang on to my boxed games for so long...because no one will be willing to pay what they are actually worth for the most part....but maybe one day. Who knows?

Reply 65 of 85, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Davros wrote:

Blame the poor photos on a mix of my non existant photography skils, awkward positioning behind furniture and other stuff and I wasnt prepared to start clearing out cupboards to get a shot of everything also a crap old camera that only works properly with expensive aaa batteries not the cheapo ones I use.

(Off-Topic) Did you try modern rechargeable batteries (Eneloop technology, low self-discharge)? I found that they work much better than any normal batteries in a Powershot A530.

Reply 66 of 85, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retrofanatic wrote:

Wow..The Lucas arts games on the left alone at the top of the mark if everything is mint condition can fetch about $50 to $100 each. I've seen maniac mansion go for $120 on ebay and day of the tentacle go for $70 and loom in the original box too? About the same ...about $70.... everything you have pictured can be worth over $1000 easy but funny how it never really works out that way when you go to actually sell...as a lot almost no one would even pay $400 let alone $1000 for those games even though they are worth that much. I think that's part of the reason why I hang on to my boxed games for so long...because no one will be willing to pay what they are actually worth for the most part....but maybe one day. Who knows?

Ive found Zak Mckracken, Loom and Maniac Mansion to be the hardest to find, first off , Ebay UK has more Amiga or even Atari ST versions of basically all the Lucasarts/Sierra games (minus the PC only ones of course), DOS versions are considerably harder to find, even more so complete . Most seem to come in rerelease budget boxes. When you do find them they cost an arm and leg, while the Amiga versions are typically significantly cheaper

Looking on Ebay right now, there is an Amiga version with a price of £14 , while a PC version with a bid standing at £50 with the box being in worse condition as well (for dollars, you almost double the figures)

If I had an Amiga (particularly a 1200 or better) I would have actually gone for those versions, but since I don't its a bit annoying.

Reply 67 of 85, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Darkman wrote:
Ive found Zak Mckracken, Loom and Maniac Mansion to be the hardest to find, first off , Ebay UK has more Amiga or even Atari ST […]
Show full quote
retrofanatic wrote:

Ive found Zak Mckracken, Loom and Maniac Mansion to be the hardest to find, first off , Ebay UK has more Amiga or even Atari ST versions of basically all the Lucasarts/Sierra games (minus the PC only ones of course), DOS versions are considerably harder to find, even more so complete . Most seem to come in rerelease budget boxes. When you do find them they cost an arm and leg, while the Amiga versions are typically significantly cheaper

Looking on Ebay right now, there is an Amiga version with a price of £14 , while a PC version with a bid standing at £50 with the box being in worse condition as well (for dollars, you almost double the figures)

If I had an Amiga (particularly a 1200 or better) I would have actually gone for those versions, but since I don't its a bit annoying.

Yeah, that sounds about right.....it's amazing the price those old lucasarts games command (in original big box). I think because lucasarts as we knew it no longer exists (sold to Disney, of course), these games should be going up in price, but I'm not sure...they seem to be about the same price in the last 3 years, but to me, they certainly seem to be getting more rare.

I noticed the Amiga versions as well and have been tempted a few times since I do have a couple Amiga computers, but it would just be a whole other realm of collecting for me and I am crunched for space already as it is with all my DOS/Win stuff, but for those lucasarts games, I would probably pull the trigger and buy some Amiga versions, if I ever find a good deal on ones in the box and (at least mostly) complete. Same goes for some old Sierra titles, but the Amiga ones can sometimes go for $100 plus prices as well.

Reply 68 of 85, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retrofanatic wrote:
Darkman wrote:
Ive found Zak Mckracken, Loom and Maniac Mansion to be the hardest to find, first off , Ebay UK has more Amiga or even Atari ST […]
Show full quote
retrofanatic wrote:

Yeah, that sounds about right.....it's amazing the price those old lucasarts games command (in original big box). I think because lucasarts as we knew it no longer exists (sold to Disney, of course), these games should be going up in price, but I'm not sure...they seem to be about the same price in the last 3 years, but to me, they certainly seem to be getting more rare.

I noticed the Amiga versions as well and have been tempted a few times since I do have a couple Amiga computers, but it would just be a whole other realm of collecting for me and I am crunched for space already as it is with all my DOS/Win stuff, but for those lucasarts games, I would probably pull the trigger and buy some Amiga versions, if I ever find a good deal on ones in the box and (at least mostly) complete. Same goes for some old Sierra titles, but the Amiga ones can sometimes go for $100 plus prices as well.

I actually found that changes like that don't necessarily affect game prices for these things. Take a game like Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn , notoriously expensive and still very expensive, despite the game being rereleased on the X360 years ago. Same with a game like Doom , which is available on about a billion systems, and yet the game is actually not that common , Ive seen Ultimate Doom go for £20+.

Reply 69 of 85, by Holering

User metadata
Davros wrote:

Found an old screenshot from my winxp days back when i only had "The Sacred Terabyte of Gaming Goodness"
As opposed to "The Most Holy Three Terabytes of Gaming Goodness" I have now

No $hit. Don't know what species you are but those are quite the games! I like your "Replay" boxes of Doom too.

Reply 70 of 85, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This little floppy has some great games on it, including my favourite, Chips Challenge.
I admire the community that supports Chips and the original dev Chuck Somerville, who now has Chuck's Challenge for Android/iOS etc.
20140915_124620_zps0b7392f9.jpg

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 71 of 85, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Holering wrote:

Don't know what species you are

Who, Davros? He would be a Kaled scientist, from the planet Skaro, and creator of the Daleks. 🤣

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 72 of 85, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A view of my PC games shelves from my desk. A few weeks out of date, but not much of note has been added since then. Half Life: Opposing Force and Legends of Might and Magic are the only big box games I've added to the shelf since the picture was taken.

plxzNJel.jpg

Reply 75 of 85, by Holering

User metadata
Stiletto wrote:
Holering wrote:

Don't know what species you are

Who, Davros? He would be a Kaled scientist, from the planet Skaro, and creator of the Daleks. 🤣

That is one sexy beast! ...Yeah Davros. I've never heard of that planet. Have to look it up.

I wish I knew my species. Unfortunately I appear human sometimes, but I'm usually PO'd and turn green. Shrek might be a close example but he's an asshole.

Reply 76 of 85, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Finally got all my PC big box games moved into my new place...(moving sucks when you have a lot of retro hardware and software)...

...coming soon..."wall of games" (and gaming/retro pc room)....just sitting in boxes from storage for now waiting for me to go out and buy some new shelves...

game boxes.jpg
Filename
game boxes.jpg
File size
280.2 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

...and some of my jewel case and DVD size games...

20140907_152021.jpg
Filename
20140907_152021.jpg
File size
137.77 KiB
Views
File license

Space is at a premium in this little spare room, but I am determined to make it work. I am planning to have my Tandy TL, Tl/2, SX, TX, Coco 1, 2 and 3, Commodore Amiga, C64, and a few old consoles all hooked up to a 4:3 CRT or LCD monitor and my Sony PVM RGB monitor.

I just stacked all my Tandys in a stereo cabinet and they fit perfectly. I may add a Pro-logic receiver and maybe some sound module stuff.

Anyways, got a lot of work to do and probably won't be setting anything up in a while, but I am going to spend a lot of time planning to try and get everything to fit in this room with all my games. I prefer to have my games at hand so I can play whatever I want whenever I want (without emulation 🤣 )

Reply 77 of 85, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would love to see the "after" picture once it's all set up.

I'm trying to fit another desk into my office, I'm just not sure how I can do it without sacrificing game shelves, or having shelves cover a closet door.

Reply 78 of 85, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well...finally got my games put up in shelves today....man it was a lot of work.

I'm hoping to get the rest of my gaming room set up soon. ..I realized that I may have to cut back on some of my retro systems I had planned for the room because of lack of space but at least I got all my games in the room though 😀

rps20141102_033901.jpg
Filename
rps20141102_033901.jpg
File size
159.16 KiB
Views
File license
rps20141102_033919.jpg
Filename
rps20141102_033919.jpg
File size