3DFX/Glide Exclusive Windows Games?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Gamecollector wrote:

I'm too lazy for this (add supported APIs to my list) task. Maybe later. Much later.
By the way - why someone need this "3dfx exclusive" list? What about "our new videocards not supports DX5/6/7/8 very well" problem? To be more precise "not support at all". Arabian Nights and CART Precision Racing as examples.

I don't know, man, but I learned long ago on the Internet that you're often rewarded if you assist in soothing other people's curiosity.

Either that, or the OP wants to bring back the days of "my video card supports more games" bragging rights. I don't really know, dude! 🤣

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 21 of 24, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hold on, I got one: Diablo 2. Why didn't I think about it earlier?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 22 of 24, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
falloutboy wrote:

But I think we should also mention games that were 3dfx only but got a d3d patch later.
Outlaws by LucasArts released in 1997 was 3dfx only. Direct3d patch came in 2001 AFAIK.

Outlaws was software only.
Glide 2.1.1 support (glidex.dll) was added with the patch 1.1.
Glide2x.dll support was added in the patch 2.0.
D3d support was added in the patch 2.01 (or 2.02, not remember the exact version).

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Hold on, I got one: Diablo 2. Why didn't I think about it earlier?

Because it's software/d3d/glide. D3d was fixed only in version 1.05 IIRC. But it was included from the start.

F/A-18: Korea, F-16: Multirole Fighter, Ignition, Jane's Longbow Gold, Joint Strike Fighter, Mig-29: Fulcrum, Montezuma's Return, Need for Speed II: Special Edition, Pandemonium!, Red Baron II, Red Baron 3d, Uprising: Join or Die and Uprising 2: Lead and Destroy are software/glide or software + 3dfx patch. "Glide exclusives".
Apache Longbow, F-16: Fighting Falcon and Hind - "glide exclusive". To be more precise - only Frontline Fighters release includes both software and 3dfx versions for these games. Official patches (Voodoo2 ones) may not work with original software only releases.
Asghan is software/d3d/glide.
Flying Corps Gold not supports glide AFAIK.
Frogger is software/d3d/glide.
Gex: Enter the Gecko - can't tell. There was 3dfx only version but later the game was re-released as d3d only + 3dfx patch.
Redguard is DOS game with Windows-only installer.

Last edited by Gamecollector on 2016-02-22, 21:15. Edited 6 times in total.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).