VOGONS

Common searches

Whats the most rare piece of hardware you own?

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 104, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is a modded MT32 considered rare, mine has output for clean and reverb which is the best I've connected it to a sound mixer so I can choose how much reverb to mix with the clean I change the reverb a lot in dos games also it was modded by one of the two guys that were doing it back in the day apparently there was one guy doing great moddong work and the other doing not so good I don't know which did mine but the MIDI music is awesome I have it paired with a PAS 16 Pro which has less noise and pops than the SoundBlaster's I've used

Attachments

• Pic 2.jpg
    Filename
    Pic 2.jpg
    File size
    372.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 101 of 104, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Rarest parts: Compaq 64K cache module for desk top chassis most common 486 models.
Intel style cache daughterboard for one model of compaq.
Dell cache modules especially for 386 and 486.
Deskpro/M power supply board, which is a replaceable spare part as opposed to power supply in a metal box.

These 64k modules is not possible to reproduce due to cache controller 495dx used single source cache chips by Micron also proprietary as I could not find the datasheet for these SRAM ICs.

Rare Computers: IBM P75 (486 luggable costs 10,000 back in the day), PS/2 70 and 80 A models (cached 386DX 25). Deskpro/L and Systempro.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 102 of 104, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sphere478 wrote on 2023-03-08, 02:05:
https://www.vogons.org/download/file.php?id=148966&mode=viewPentium 1 366mhz The Infamous Golden Tiger/Warrior […]
Show full quote

file.php?id=148966&mode=viewPentium 1 366mhz The Infamous Golden Tiger/Warrior

Had never even heard of a 366 version, and managed to get it. Probably my rarest part the freeway ultra ss7 mobo is also pretty rare, as is my killer nic pci and bga sdram

I think those are supposed to be fakes. Slower versions encased and overclocked. They are still very rare.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 103 of 104, by JustJulião

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Probably one of these adaptors.
PL-P4/N or Asus CT-479.
The PL-P4/N allows to use a Northwood Pentium 4 on an old s423 platform.
The CT-479 to use the Pentium M (successor of the Tualatin, predecessor of the Core) on several s478 boards.

adapters.jpg
Filename
adapters.jpg
File size
292.2 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Or maybe my Freeway FW-6400GX/150, a mainboard that allows both Slot 1 and Slot 2 CPUs.

freeway.jpg
Filename
freeway.jpg
File size
122.41 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Last edited by JustJulião on 2023-03-11, 22:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 104 of 104, by NTG2001

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a 3dfx Voodoo 4 4500 that I got by pure luck many years ago, but I kinda hesitate to call that actually rare. Although it is one of the harder Voodoo cards to find and it's cool owning their last product.