VOGONS

First post, by gordesky1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So i have a old tohsiba cdt430 which works great and also in pretty good condition. couple years ago when i got found it for free i wanted to use it for win95 dos games which is perfect for them.

But there is one problem.. every game is in a small box instead of full screen.. I herd these laptops doeisnt scale normal.. Other than that everything ran perfect. But i gave up making it for that task because of that. But i did some research back than about soemone said there is a program for it to let you do fn f7 on it to scale.. But was no download for it..

Is that even possible to even get any scaling on this laptop? Just sucks cause if that said game cant do 800x600 than its not full screen.. Let alone running any game on 800x600 when supported it just doeisnt have the power to do so 🤣

Figure i asked on this forum cause you guys are pros with this kind of stuff:)

Reply 3 of 6, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well then yes you're right, there is a TSR that does this in software, but I don't have it. Somebody posted it in a similar thread once, you could try searching for it 😀

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 4 of 6, by gordesky1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keenmaster486 wrote:

Well then yes you're right, there is a TSR that does this in software, but I don't have it. Somebody posted it in a similar thread once, you could try searching for it 😀

Just did some searching. and found a thread called Tecra 720CDT = Great DOS Gaming Laptop and says There is a screen stretching TSR for the Toshiba laptops with CT65550 chips. and a attached file called vexp13.zip

I downloaded it going to give it a try:) From looking the 430 cdt seems to have the same chip CT65550 .

It seems like its ony for dos and not windows but it will do fine for me if it works in dos:)

Reply 5 of 6, by gordesky1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Welp that works great!!! everything is in full screen even starting the games in windows:) Been trying to find something to do this for ages 🤣 Glad i found this site if it wasin't for you guys i still be looking 🤣 there is tons of people like on youtube that says this laptop sucks for dos games because of the scaling issue. They really need to know about this:)

Mostly this laptop just sat most of the time sense i got it because of that issue. But now i have a perfect dos/95 machine:) was using my compaq 1675 laptop for dos/98 games but in some dos games it was just to fast but deal with it 🤣

Now to image this hdd and put in a bigger one cause the stock 1.2gb is just way to small 🤣

What im wondering why didint toshiba add something like this in the first place 😕

Reply 6 of 6, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gordesky1 wrote:

What im wondering why didint toshiba add something like this in the first place 😕

Probably because at that time these laptops were mainly used for work, so having good compatibility with full-screen DOS games was not a priority.