VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Netburst Celeron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some late '90s emachines had the trigem delhi-III motherboard. It's super socket 7 and has the AMI winbios. I have one in my emachines 366c.

It's not all that great of a board though. It lacks an AGP slot and only has three slots available (one PCI, one ISA, and one shared ISA/PCI). It has integrated ATI Rage IIc graphics and Crystal CS4235 audio (the one with the defective FM synth). The onboard USB doesn't work very well either, but that might just be an issue with my particular board.

It is capable of running the K6+ chips though with a patched bios. I have a K6-3+ at 550MHz in mine.

If you add a PCI voodoo 2/3 and an ISA sound card (to replace the broken onboard audio), it's an okay board. You'll only have one slot left over though.

Oh yeah, I guess this is actually my first post here. Hello, all. 🤣

Reply 21 of 23, by Luffym17

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's cool, but the lack of an agp slot kills it for me since I'm going to be using a voodoo 3 agp with it. I actually found a slot 1 motherboard that uses the ami winbios. I'm planning on using that with a pentium ii 400mhz that seems to be overclockable.

Reply 23 of 23, by explorerdotexe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

From looking online, it looks like your best bet for an AMI on Super Socket 7 would probably be a board running on ALi Aladdin V, however the only documented instance of a Super Socket 7 board with WinBIOS that i know of was the TriGem Delhi-III (also sold under eMachines) which is an obscure VIA MVP3 board made by TriGem that ran AMI WinBIOS as they often liked doing in the late 90's - early 2000's. There may be an Aladdin V out there with WinBIOS officially, but not any that i know of.
Here's the BIOS if you want to try it out in an emulator.

Attachments

• Filename
    std120.exe
    File size
    213.85 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Fresh off playing Pinball on the school computers.