New MS-DOS Games Launcher / Menu System App

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 85, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is this still being worked on?

I'm getting an "Out of String Space" error when i try to add more games to my database comprised of 336 games, at the moment. My launchbx.txt file is 79.873 bytes long.

I was expecting this would support thousands of games in the database.

Reply 82 of 85, by azn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all that is just what I needed a few days ago. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

I plan to use it daily on my Wii dosbox - it is very important it does not affect ram allocated for games, thank you so much for this.

Reply 84 of 85, by arthur071169

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

has anyone successfully tested Setmul with this?
I currently use moslo.exe and launch my speed sensitive games with a batch file, that has moslo.exe /20 gamename.exe (for example)
not everything works well and I have only recently discovered setmul, and that looks like it may be better for slowing down 'old' titles. However, enabling it for a tile and disabling afterwards would be better than having to reboot after invoking it for a particular game.

any feedback apprecicated.

Reply 85 of 85, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
carlostex wrote on 2021-01-27, 11:13:

Is this still being worked on?

I'm getting an "Out of String Space" error when i try to add more games to my database comprised of 336 games, at the moment. My launchbx.txt file is 79.873 bytes long.

I was expecting this would support thousands of games in the database.

I used to use this launcher but stopped using it for this reason. It seems that it runs out of conventional memory due to containing too many strings in launchbx.txt.

arthur071169 wrote on 2021-08-02, 13:06:
has anyone successfully tested Setmul with this? I currently use moslo.exe and launch my speed sensitive games with a batch file […]
Show full quote

has anyone successfully tested Setmul with this?
I currently use moslo.exe and launch my speed sensitive games with a batch file, that has moslo.exe /20 gamename.exe (for example)
not everything works well and I have only recently discovered setmul, and that looks like it may be better for slowing down 'old' titles. However, enabling it for a tile and disabling afterwards would be better than having to reboot after invoking it for a particular game.

any feedback apprecicated.

I have tested SetMul while using this launcher and it works fine. You must the "Run App Command" like this for example:

C:
CD \GAME
SETMUL L1D
GAME.EXE
SETMUL L1E

In this case it will disable the L1 cache of the CPU before running the game, after you are done with the game it will enable once again the L1 cache.