VOGONS

Reply 40 of 46, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Artex..... you have some very awesome gear there.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 41 of 46, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've had four "stupid hardware holy grails" for a LONG time and never expected to get my grubby mitts on any of them. Forget the common stuff like GUS PnPs (got two of 'em) or Voodoo cards (at least 3.) Mine are:

1. Forte VFX1 (a '90s virtual reality headset)
2. Virtuality SU2000 (an even earlier '90s VR arcade system)
3. Creative 3DO blaster (a complete 3DO console on an ISA card)
4. DataHands DH200 (I can't even explain this one, or why I want it. Just look it up.)

Last year a VFX1, the easiest but most useful one on the list, fell into my hands. It was even on Ebay but for some reason the auction just got very little publicity and I picked it up for about half what the last one I saw went for. Can't complain.

So one down, three more to go. Any of these I would buy INSTANTLY if they popped up in my price range, but I just don't see them come up for sale (sadly it seems 3DO blasters are now priced in the "stupid" territory, but I thought that about VFX1's too. Anyway I have multiple 3DOs including a dev system so nyah.) The Virtuality setup would likely end up in my living room and with me questioning what the hell I was doing with my life. But it'd be worth it.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 42 of 46, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Artex wrote:

Here's the list of stuff I never thought I would have - took me 4-ev-er.

Did you knock over Trevormacro's alleged vault for that V5? 😁

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 43 of 46, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

Here's the list of stuff I never thought I would have - took me 4-ev-er.

cyclone3d wrote:

Artex..... you have some very awesome gear there.

Thanks!

gdjacobs wrote:

Nah, this one came from someone much more respectable.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 44 of 46, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Artex wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:

Nah, this one came from someone much more respectable.

Well, I'm happy that it's ended up in good hands.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 46 of 46, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

More of a PC guy, I was drooling all over the PowerPC platform. Liked PowerMac G4s when I was at school, had seen them live a couple of times, was reading about them a lot, thought of them as something totally unreachable. Now I have like, 5 of these? Guess I'll never have a PPC accelerator for my A1200 though, with prices like these over at AmiBay... Bah, MorphOS/G4 is good enough for me.

PcBytes wrote:

Also never thought I would own a abit motherboard, yet here I am having one although it needs a BIOS reflash. It's a IP35 Pro if anyone's wondering.

Ow. Used to like Abit, so I picked that IP35 Pro for a C2D E6550 build back in 2008, but was DOA. Replaced it the next day, booted but did random reboots. Bad quality control? Might just have been my luck, but I eventually took it back for an ASUS P5KC which still works.

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe