So, I just tried again to add XT-IDE to the original BIOS file of the motherboard. I used XTIDECFG to configure XT-BIOS automatically on the computer where I'd use it, then downloaded the configured XT-IDE file again to my laptop, added it to the BIOS file as an ISA extension using AWDBEDIT, burned it to an EPROM and what do you know! it did not work. The PC posts and boots as usual, however no trace at all of XT-IDE. This is getting tiresome, mainly because to do every test, i have to erase an EPROM (20 mins usually), then unsolder some cables from the EPROM (the ones I use are not 100% pin compatible with the original EEPROM used by the motherboard), burn the file to the EPROM, resolder the cables and try again. It takes like an hour to do a single test. I'll try to buy a couple EEPROMs just like the original one (winbond W29EE011-15) so I can test faster.
Roman555 wrote on 2020-07-01, 07:46:
aha2940 wrote on 2020-07-01, 06:05:
Roman555 wrote on 2020-07-01, 05:15:
Thanks for the suggestion, however I already tried a patched BIOS (not by me, found it googling) and it did not work, so maybe this BIOS does not allow patching or something, i don't know. I can try though.
Some necessary utilities for the rom.by_patcher and its previous version 4.23 in the attachment. Maybe you'll patch better than someone did 😀
Thanks for the tools, I'll look into this option and try it when I get the new EEPROMs.