VOGONS

Aztech Waverider 32+ Problem

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by Thomas486

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
psychofox wrote on 2020-11-16, 08:27:

I changed caps on my Aztech Explorer this weekend too. My problem described here: Help to identify an Aztech soundcard
So at first try after repair, no luck with original driver package, wavetide.exe just does not recognise card (same with Aztech diagnose software). So i experimented with different Aztech drivers and finally luck with some pnp card drivers got the card alive (SB FM sound) and wavetide found card too (wavetable). So at the moment it works combined with 2 different card drivers. 😀 It was painful experience getting this card alive, but output quality is cristalclear and ymf262+wavetable sound is on most games very nice, so it was worth hassle. Even MT32 emulation (wavetide.exe /MT) sound is pretty good.

Hi Fox.
Mine does some weird pitch bends on several games when in MT mode, like Microprose's Harrier Jump Jet. Did you observe something like that also?
I even tried SoftMPU with all combinations of switches to no avail.

Reply 21 of 21, by Spitz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Thomas486 wrote on 2023-05-09, 05:20:
Hi Fox. Mine does some weird pitch bends on several games when in MT mode, like Microprose's Harrier Jump Jet. Did you observe s […]
Show full quote
psychofox wrote on 2020-11-16, 08:27:

I changed caps on my Aztech Explorer this weekend too. My problem described here: Help to identify an Aztech soundcard
So at first try after repair, no luck with original driver package, wavetide.exe just does not recognise card (same with Aztech diagnose software). So i experimented with different Aztech drivers and finally luck with some pnp card drivers got the card alive (SB FM sound) and wavetide found card too (wavetable). So at the moment it works combined with 2 different card drivers. 😀 It was painful experience getting this card alive, but output quality is cristalclear and ymf262+wavetable sound is on most games very nice, so it was worth hassle. Even MT32 emulation (wavetide.exe /MT) sound is pretty good.

Hi Fox.
Mine does some weird pitch bends on several games when in MT mode, like Microprose's Harrier Jump Jet. Did you observe something like that also?
I even tried SoftMPU with all combinations of switches to no avail.

Hmmm maybe it would be wise to change caps as well?

Well... I miss 80/90s ... End of story