VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by dataino.it

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
douglar wrote on 2021-03-27, 17:03:
Tiido wrote on 2021-03-27, 11:45:

very awesome !

I tried to undertake such a thing once but ultimately failed because the vias were corroded through and the problem had gone in the inner layers...

That was a really impressive rebuild. Maybe the saving grace is that a 286 motherboard might have fewer layers?

What are those things by the ISA sockets? are those for SIPP memory?

Yes are SIPP memory

Reply 21 of 21, by dataino.it

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
pentiumspeed wrote on 2021-03-27, 00:12:
Think that is difficult work? Do this with an cellphone repair running jumpers over broken traces using .05mm or .001mm jumpe […]
Show full quote

Think that is difficult work? Do this with an cellphone repair running jumpers over broken traces using .05mm or .001mm jumper wires have to do that under microscope and tiny soldering irons, and watch maker tweezers.

This is my real current job doing cellphone repairs including the microsoldering. Before that my previous jobs was watch repair, then TV repair. And my hobby since childhood making electronics from kits and take apart from cast off and broken stuff and was my main toys including some typical toys.

😀

Cheers,

Really interesting your business, why don't you share what information with a post or a video?

I hope to be able to make a video on one of the next cards that I need to repair.