Misterious ENMIC motherboard

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 48, by kyubby1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Little update from Future future kyubby1

My little idea turned out to be just a little bit dumb
But i am on my way to get a soldering thing, well renting one but hey i can use one and thats the important thing
And the important Question that i whant and need to ask is well
What kinda kompassitors must i use ?
Is there like somekinda list for like "this motherboard has this and that compassitors"
aaaand is the enmic board i have FOR SURE the same as the epox ?
couse these boards both are quite rare and costly i dont want to solder the wrong compassitors and blow up tha mobo
I mean i trust you all but i am just a kinda paranoid person when i comes to something like this 😅

Reply 42 of 48, by kyubby1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes i did recive it (i didnt answere couse at that point i wasnt sure with equipment and if i do it or not and stuff)
But do you also know wich caps to use ?
Help is great and i was and am very thankfull for that but yeaa i still dont know the cap values

Reply 43 of 48, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know the values either but I have the Epox variant and it needs a recap too. If you are ok with waiting a bit I can get it out of storage, make a list of capacitors for you to compare with your board and if it matches I can look up what suitable parts would cost.

Reply 45 of 48, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IMO if it's your first Socket A rodeo, you should stick with officially supported, if it's not, then you can probably get Thoroughbred cores going on KT133A chipset boards, at least my A7V ran one after some fiddling.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 46 of 48, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

seems reasonable, still though Id like something with SSE. Doesn't even have to be fast as long as it supports it. Also I'm not really a fan of this motherboard or chipset. The board was a freebee and I only picked up because it has an ISA, and onboard ac97 can actually do sbpro emulation. so it was intresting.

Reply 47 of 48, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SSE is not a problem. I have had a mobile Barton running on the Epox 8KTA3+ Pro with the latest BIOS. No fiddling, no problems (besides the southbridge stuff that's irrelevant with the usual fixes). Only breaking the 12.5x multiplier requires mods.

Reply 48 of 48, by kyubby1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

wait wait wait WAIT
I am just *sligtly* confused
But to doornkaat yes this idea with the epox variant and recapt and telling me the values would be nice
And now whats SSE and how did ya get to the cpu theme ?
I mean cool to know whats good and not but the one cpu i talked about on page 2 *i think* is the only one i have that still works sooooo yea no cpu swap for me
And so yea
And is this board really good for beginners ?
couse i never build a single win98 or dos or system with isa system before so i am like what should i even do IF it starts working ?
And from all i read all of you know what they do and i dont. And couse of my limitet methods and capebillitys i dont know whats good or bad or makes sense and dont
And really dont whant to break tha board couse i dont know what i do so yea