Interview with "last XP fan"

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 61, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-10-28, 13:57:

14. Users given multiple warnings that their password is going to expire.. as in multiple warnings a day for a whole week and then don't change their password and have to call the HD to get it reset after they let it expire.

This is something I hate about Windows domains. That when the password expires, you can't login. It seems to be it would be better if it simply forced you to change the password upon the next login, like most services with time-limited passwords do.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 61 of 61, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dr_st wrote on 2021-10-28, 19:51:
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-10-28, 13:57:

14. Users given multiple warnings that their password is going to expire.. as in multiple warnings a day for a whole week and then don't change their password and have to call the HD to get it reset after they let it expire.

This is something I hate about Windows domains. That when the password expires, you can't login. It seems to be it would be better if it simply forced you to change the password upon the next login, like most services with time-limited passwords do.

It can actually be set up this way. It only doesn't work if the password expires and then the user hasn't logged in for I think a few days after that such as over the weekend.

Another problem can arise though if the password expires and the user is still logged into one or more machines. If they change their password and haven't logged out of all machines they are logged into, it will end up repeatedly locking out their account until they are logged off of all machines that are logged into with their old password.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK