VOGONS

Reply 40 of 43, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sysjunkie wrote on 2021-11-11, 01:47:

If someone was making a printer emulator, what printer should that someone emulate ?

Quick and boring answer HP Laserjet.

More interesting answer

Word Perfect 5.1 for Dos was kind of the default word processor of the day so good place to start
This page gives a list of printers both old and new-ish that are supported and gives an idea of make/models that were common.
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/51printers.html

It's also worth checking out the list of drivers for WP5.0 also linked on that page.

Reply 41 of 43, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-11-11, 02:37:
sysjunkie wrote on 2021-11-11, 01:47:

If someone was making a printer emulator, what printer should that someone emulate ?

SNIP!!
I was using it with my 486dx-33 computer with DOS 5.0/Win3.11

That is really difficult for me personally to accept considering the lack of knowledge on threads you create with content about Dos/Win 3.1x .

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 42 of 43, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chinny22 wrote on 2021-11-12, 12:34:
Word Perfect 5.1 for Dos was kind of the default word processor of the day so good place to start This page gives a list of prin […]
Show full quote

Word Perfect 5.1 for Dos was kind of the default word processor of the day so good place to start
This page gives a list of printers both old and new-ish that are supported and gives an idea of make/models that were common.
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/51printers.html

It's also worth checking out the list of drivers for WP5.0 also linked on that page.

Earlier than that though, Wordstar was king, so for earlier than 1985 look at what worked with that.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.