Windows 11 22H2 has been released

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by gaffa2002

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
javispedro1 wrote on 2022-10-11, 11:57:
gaffa2002 wrote on 2022-09-23, 13:59:

Used their own memory diagnostic program and it accused my hardware for being bad. Then I used memtest86 and after running it overnight the result was that my memory was fine.

Well that is strange. Isn't their memory diagnostic program run at boot time? It should not be affected by any drivers or the like.
I'm no fan of Windows, but I still find it hard to believe they would mess this up. Personally I'd really suspect the hardware, maybe it was temperature or something.

After formatting I never had any blue screen again, before that it was happening quite constantly.
Don't think it's temperature as I barely use the PC and it was cold. In fact, for the mem386 testing I left it running overnight, which should bring up temperature problems if any.
And yes, I also thought that was weird but by googling it there are indeed some people having false positives with this tool, my guess is that it performs some other checks besides memory (maybe something corrupted in my hard drive which was fixed after reformatting it?), some page on the internet even mentions that drivers could affect the tool results (not sure it is reliable).
Ps: Just ran another test with microsoft memory diagnostic tool and no errors found. My guesses are either this tool checks something else aside from memory, or something was wrong with my PC when I ran the test the first time...before the test I had to reboot several times because of blue screen errors, this might have left my RAM/CPU/motherboard in a wonky state.

LO-RES, HI-FUN

My DOS/ Win98 PC specs

EP-7KXA Motherboard
Athlon Thunderbird 750mhz
256Mb PC100 RAM
Geforce 4 MX440 64MB AGP (128 bit)
Sound Blaster AWE 64 CT4500 (ISA)
32GB HDD

Reply 21 of 26, by dreamscape86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've just built my new PC which is a Core i9 12900K 16 core CPU / 32GB Corsair DDR5 / Geforce RTX 3060 12GB / dual WD black NVMe SSD's / high end Asus board and all that and from here everything is flawless on 22H2

I've not had any issues what so ever and this is coming from someone who HATES windows 11 (I had to use it as Windows 10 doesn't like the P cores in these newer 12th gen CPU's.)

I run video editing, gaming, general use and i've not had a single problem. Just my take really. I do have a Lenovo laptop which has an 11th gen i3 in it which i never use so i expect when i update that it will explode or something.

Shuttle XPC | Pentium 4 2.8Ghz | 512MB DDR 400Mhz | Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 Ultra | 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro CF Card | Silverstone FX350-G 350W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Windows 98 SE

Reply 22 of 26, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The bigger Windows 11 problem I received is the login Pin decided to stop working abruptly today and I had to regenerate it. At least my profile was safe.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 24 of 26, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ptr1ck wrote on 2022-10-12, 17:36:

And since when did the pins go from 4 to 6 characters required?

I still work on 4 characters.

Reply 25 of 26, by ptr1ck

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The last time I had to reset mine under 11 it required 6 characters. I think upgrades from 10 to 11 can still be "grandfathered" as 4, but new installs have made me do 6. I may be doing it wrong though...

"ITXBOX" SFF-Win11
KT133A-NV28-V2 SLI-DOS/WinME

Reply 26 of 26, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ptr1ck wrote on 2022-10-12, 19:39:

The last time I had to reset mine under 11 it required 6 characters. I think upgrades from 10 to 11 can still be "grandfathered" as 4, but new installs have made me do 6. I may be doing it wrong though...

I had to do reinstall for 22H2 as I was too hesitant to try it and I still needed 4 characters. I use the number format, probably there is an alphanumeric format too